Mobile Beta Testers Rank

Distinct

• Advanced Members

I think it would be awesome for when mobile is finished and stabilized, users should be given a rank on chats that says "mobile beta tester" either when you click on their name, or hover over their pawn.

Why this would be awesome to have? Because users will see that you have done something to help xat regardless if you're a contributor or above. If you have reported bugs within the app, then you should be given this rank.

This rank should not be given those who have not helped report bugs in the app. But maybe when a user is logged into mobile, it will say something like on their profile "mobile user" this is just a thought to elaborate more into my idea.

I honestly think this will help xat by encouraging users to download the app and report bugs.

What do you think about this? I'll provide examples later on.

Perhaps there can be a wiki page created for mobile beta testers with a list of all of the users?

This would show that xat appreciates those who have downloaded the app.

Edited by Encrypt

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Leandro said:

That is before the general beta of the app. We should have a list of all the current mobile users.

I feel like you don't get much just by sitting on the app and reporting bugs. But maybe this rank would be cool to have in the chat, as you would stand out from the rest of the crowd.

• Volunteers

I don't think we should give a special "rank" just because they have reported bugs for mobile.

Because if we do, we also need a rank for "html5 tester", so no. 

The page that Leandro has stated is enough to thanks the users for their time and the bugs they reported. 

This is just my opinion after all. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
15 minutes ago, SlOom said:

I don't think we should give a special "rank" just because they have reported bugs for mobile.

Because if we do, we also need a rank for "html5 tester", so no. 

The page that Leandro has stated is enough to thanks the users for their time and the bugs they reported. 

This is just my opinion after all. 

Thanks for your opinion. I guess I wasted my time creating this thread. My apologies.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Phin said:

There already is a way to tell if a user is on mobile, so having it say "mobile user" wouldn't be necessary, unless you were wanting it to change from "online" to "online mobile" or something..?

DpGoono.png 

this is for flash (obviously)

ULiLS65.png

this is mobile/html5

Yes, where you hovered on the pawn is where I want it to say "mobile beta tester" depending on what the user has done for the app.