Should Fairtrade be more enforced?

CLassified3

Should Fairtrade be more enforced?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should fairtrade be enforced more?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure at this time
    • No opinion
    • Other:

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, Sydno said:

Sometimes you just want to buy/sell a power fastly, it may look as an issue when it's only a question of time spent on Trade.

I mean selling too cheap / buying too much for a large amount more than the true price, not 50 xats or so.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, TinkerDoodle said:

It's your responsibility to see if that is the right price for a power, there are jerks out there that over price their powers but there will always be jerks like that for as long as xat exists. 

Yeah ... most are jerks and sell too high. I feel if they sell to high they should at least be punished .. 

58 minutes ago, Flake said:

Agreed... people shouldn't be punished if they sell for stupidly high amounts or buy for stupidly low amounts. They will eventually give up because, obviously, they will not be able to sell/buy the power - if they continue and are obviously trolling, they should be kicked/banned. However, the issue arises when people sell for too cheap or buy for too much. This is the main reason why the guide has been put in place - to stop these instances from occurring where people have a large lack of knowledge of the true price at the current time. This is why it is bad when prices fluctuate - people may buy for far too much or sell for far too low than the current price at the time, and this is especially an issue considering people who update fairtrade don't update when the price has fluctuated - they wait until the price is consistent. This is the main usefulness of the guide, to stop this from occurring. If you think about it this way, the only possible solution to this is to enforce the guide more. However, I rarely actually see anyone buying for far too high or selling for far too low - a large majority of trade informs themselves of the current price before selling/buying. For this reason, it doesn't really need to be enforced more.

I agree as well that people need to be punished if having too high of a price 

• Advanced Members

I think this topic is getting a bit funny....... If people are selling 50k over market value..they are clearly trolling.

It happens alot.  It is also false trading.  Its up to Maverick to enforce how he wishes to handle it.

Problem is.......what is false trade and what isn't? What is trolling and what isn't?  Good luck!

We can all wish for an Utopia but it does not mean you are going to get it.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Christina said:

I think this topic is getting a bit funny....... If people are selling 50k over market value..they are clearly trolling.

It happens alot.  It is also false trading.  Its up to Maverick to enforce how he wishes to handle it.

Problem is.......what is false trade and what isn't? What is trolling and what isn't?  Good luck!

We can all wish for an Utopia but it does not mean you are going to get it.

Yes, selling for something absurdly over the true price is obviously trolling and they should be kicked/banned... I did state that in my post.

Trolling is "SELL PURPLE FOR 80K ROFL!!!!!", misunderstanding is "Sell sins 2,500 xats". Also, if staff members were to warn the person that their price is too high, usually the person will continue if they are trolling. And if they continue and aren't trolling and being annoying about it and disrupting the chat anyway, what does it matter? They'd stop eventually.

Point is, false trading via selling absurdly high is usually ALWAYS obvious, and even if it isn't obvious, so long as it doesn't disrupt the chat, I don't see why it matters. People should not be punished for selling a reasonably large amount over the "true price" if they are not disrupting the chat - only when it is obvious trolling they should be punished.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Actually base on my experience and as a trade mod i 

13 hours ago, Flake said:

Yes, selling for something absurdly over the true price is obviously trolling and they should be kicked/banned... I did state that in my post.

Actually based on my experience and as a trade mode, whenever i see a users who sells for insane high price that even over a fairtrade's price guide i give verbal warnings and kick and even pc the user for warnings and ban if doing it continuously and also we report users to owners. So if you see users who are continuously doing it please report it to owners directly.

Like with the winner power, currently users are abusing it and selling for like 4-5k xats that was insane high and we do not tolerate it.

• Advanced Members
12 minutes ago, 6 said:

Actually based on my experience and as a trade mode, whenever i see a users who sells for insane high price that even over a fairtrade's price guide i give verbal warnings and kick and even pc the user for warnings and ban if doing it continuously and also we report to users owners. So if you see users who are continuously doing it please report it to owners directly.

Like with the winner power, currently users are abusing it and selling for like 4-5k xats that was insane high and we do not tolerate it.

"Actually based on my experience..."

Ok... are you trying to argue against or for my point? You basically just highlighted exactly what I meant?

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Flake said:

Ok... are you trying to argue against or for my point? You basically just highlighted exactly what I meant?

I'm just saying. Should i highlight more of your posts? :'( :'(

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, 6 said:

Actually base on my experience and as a trade mod i 

Actually based on my experience and as a trade mode, whenever i see a users who sells for insane high price that even over a fairtrade's price guide i give verbal warnings and kick and even pc the user for warnings and ban if doing it continuously and also we report to users owners. So if you see users who are continuously doing it please report it to owners directly.

Did you let maverick know?

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, CLassified3 said:

Maverick should already know..there have been forum posts about it as well.

If there is market for it then little they can do but inform the traders, set a scroll,

have mods correct the situation on main, post on site, and educate the users.

Honestly though..you have a point.  Maverick as main, should be replying to these sort of threads

In My opinion, to let the public know how he is handling these situations. 

Sorry to put you on the spot Mav....but I think it would help.

• Advanced Members
10 hours ago, CLassified3 said:

Yes and we report every single abusers to owners also so we can watch them closely.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Christina said:

have mods correct the situation on main, post on site, and educate the users.

We're doing best we can. The hard part is even a couple of times of verbal warning + pc to explain users still doesn't listen and even being sarcastic, some even reply to you ''What? it's limited and we can sell whatever we want it to'' despite of warning and reminders.