Popular Contributors?

Hayley

• Advanced Members

Yeah i agree with you Hayley, thats actually confused me the first time i entered here on the new forum and i was like ''wow we have more new contributors!'' and then i went to check their profile they aren't a contributor.

Edited by Axis
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members

I don't think it is causing an issue. Any person that knows their way around the forum would know to look at the staff area under Browse at the top of the forum for the official forum contributors. I would say leave it, because more people should take the time to look around and explore the forum first 

• Advanced Members

The forum is expanding, and new users are joining it.

The Contributors group wasn't really "put out there" on the other forum, so users will get confused.

There may need to be a navigation tutorial if not removed in my opinion. 

For newer users.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Based on all the members included in the widget at the moment, it's apparent that they are all from different user groups given the variety of colors from the names. It shouldn't be too hard to deduce that it's talking about reputation, especially since each user's reputation count is prominently displayed.

The last thing we need on this forum is tutorials that people don't care to read or find. People will likely figure out what the widget means before they go looking for a tutorial on it!

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Unfortunately, I don't think it can be changed. Does everyone really think it's worth removing?

Can't people figure it out?

Yeah, I figured it out Brandon. It's really not worth even  removing either and does no harm. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Based on all the members included in the widget at the moment, it's apparent that they are all from different user groups given the variety of colors from the names. It shouldn't be too hard to deduce that it's talking about reputation, especially since each user's reputation count is prominently displayed.

The last thing we need on this forum is tutorials that people don't care to read or find. People will likely figure out what the widget means before they go looking for a tutorial on it!

Agreed here, as the forum become more popular the different colours started to appear and it's much more apparent.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, TrueRedDevil said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of a popularity contest..

In the future, it might even be somewhat correct.

"Popular Forum Contributors" would probably clear up most of the confusion, no?

It's been changed to Top Posters.