Online on forum by mobile/computer indication

• Contributors

dBf9Rt2.png

Currently on the flash version of xat chats, there is a way to tell if someone is using the flash version of xat when online, and a way to tell when they are on the chat by a different form of connection (such as mobile and HTML5).

s1KtL0Q.png hKUe301.png

So I was thinking of making a suggestion to allow an indication of whether or not a user on the forum is online based on the first screenshot. If they are on a mobile device, when users on a computer hover over the green dot on someone's profile, it can say something like "HelperNate is online on mobile now" or "HelperNate is on mobile now." Or if they are online on a computer, the statement can remain neutral as "HelperNate is online now" or can say something like "HelperNate is on PC now" or "HelperNate is online on PC now." (PC can also be known as computer)

• Award 2
  • No 1
  • Contributors

It's called "suggestion" for a reason. @Andre I made this so it can serve as a curiosity to others, as mobile users might have a slightly harder time navigating their way around the forum, and they may get messaged to go on regular xat chats to use applications that cannot be open on mobile such as the trade app, doodle, translator, any games, etc. basically anything on the left menu on the regular xat chat. And @UnlikelyCulprit2 Yes, actually. I double-check my posts before I post them, and as a contributor, I have no "quota" to suggest a certain number of potential features for xat per month.

• Award 1
  • Advanced Members
50 minutes ago, HelperNate said:

It's called "suggestion" for a reason. @Andre I made this so it can serve as a curiosity to others, as mobile users might have a slightly harder time navigating their way around the forum, and they may get messaged to go on regular xat chats to use applications that cannot be open on mobile such as the trade app, doodle, translator, any games, etc. basically anything on the left menu on the regular xat chat. And @UnlikelyCulprit2 Yes, actually. I double-check my posts before I post them, and as a contributor, I have no "quota" to suggest a certain number of potential features for xat per month.

I like the suggestion. But as of now, I don't believe that the forum system needs to be changed.

• Game Makers
24 minutes ago, Encrypt said:

like the suggestion. But as of now, I don't believe that the forum system needs to be changed.

Nothing needs to be changed, simply adding a extension and yay.

1 hour ago, Andre said:

Why is it important to know what device someone is using while navigating the forum?

This is just a extra info that may be good we know if user is on pc will be busy etc... So why not?

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Laming said:

Nothing needs to be changed, simply adding a extension and yay.

This is just a extra info that may be good we know if user is on pc will be busy etc... So why not?

I still don't see a need for this tbh. What if the user wants their information to remain private?

• Advanced Members

I still prefer the way this indicate when a user is on PC.

C8fuUZV.png

If changes will be implemented on mobile. 

oDGUWg5.png

Rather than ''Online registered BFF/married'', should it be ''On xat app registered BFF/married'' instead? indicating that the user is on mobile.