"Thanks" reaction

Solange
Message added by LaFleur

The thanks reaction has been updated and new reactions are available.

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, Solange said:

I'm suggesting this change because I think that the (star) smilie would represent much better this reaction.

You have a point there and your suggestion is quite good. 

10 minutes ago, Solange said:

Also, when people use this reaction in my posts, I feel like they are saying "I hate you" because of the smilie that represents it. I don't know if someone else feels the same...

I really feels the same xD

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Solange said:

Also, when people use this reaction in my posts, I feel like they are saying "I hate you" because of the smilie that represents it. I don't know if someone else feels the same... (sry)

I think the same. It would be great to change this smile to a more "friendly" or suitable for "Thanks". What do you think about this joyful frame?
hskF9Hv.png

• Award 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 2

• Volunteers
18 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

Do you ever just smile at a person like this and hope they know you mean to say "Thank you?" > :) < Maybe not. So I think something like the star or a thumbs up would be cool to use.

Have you ever seen a star and thought it means 'thanks'? To me, gold stars are a symbol of excellence, not necessarily gratitude. 

19 hours ago, Solange said:

Also, when people use this reaction in my posts, I feel like they are saying "I hate you" because of the smilie that represents it. I don't know if someone else feels the same... (sry)

I agree to some extent. Perhaps we can swap it with the classic version of the smiley?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
34 minutes ago, Cupim said:

I think we could use of new reactions. I'll use this thread to suggest 8 new reactions

Reaction:

AGREED 

eDslmET.png

Reaction:

THANKS

hIUGKid.png

Reaction:

or this HkNZvYq.png?

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Crow said:

Perhaps we can swap it with the classic version of the smiley?

I think that it would be the same, the idea is to change completely the smilie that represents this reaction.

Perhaps we can replace it using the victory smilie, it's better than the star I think. (hmm)

• Award 1

• 7 months later...
  • Advanced Members

Can we discuss this again? I sincerely do not think (STAR) represent  "Thanks" very well.

I'd suggest one of these smileys for this reaction:

ntisOok.png

Edited by Luig
  • Award 1
  • Thanks 2

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, Luig said:

Can we discuss this again? I sincerely do not think (STAR) represent  "Thanks" very well.

I'd suggest one of these smileys for this reaction:

ntisOok.png

The only one I'd prefer is this one:(goo), or(victory) as I said previously.

I hope I can see this suggestion being implemented soon, I made this suggestion months ago and I don't see comments against this.

I hope forum admins will take this suggestion into account! :p

• Award 1

• Wiki Translators
On 5/21/2018 at 11:31 PM, Solange said:

Hello,

I'm here to make a little suggestion that affects the "thanks" reaction.

My suggestion is to change the smilie that represents the "thanks" reaction, the current smilie used to represent this reaction would be replaced for the (star) smilie - http://prntscr.com/jkuti1.

I'm suggesting this change because I think that the (star) smilie would represent much better this reaction. I know that it wouldn't be an urgent change, but I wanted to leave the suggestion here anyway.

Thanks.

does " star " smiley represent something ? (hmm) let maxo propose this how about creating a new smile that can be added to the existing smileys  and calling it " thanks " we already have (ok) for exp when you see the smiley you know that's represent " ok " i think " thanks " should have a special smiley too 

Edited by maxo

• Advanced Members

I think I'm okay with just a (smile) for thanks reactions, a positive good looking smiley face.

But I feel like there's a hidden sarcasm on this smiley face '':)''. (swt)

I'd like to see (pty) smiley for congratulating a person or an events. (pty) can be useful too in Contest and Events threads.

4XyU7ap.png

• Administrators
On 5/22/2018 at 12:42 AM, Samuel said:

I think the same. It would be great to change this smile to a more "friendly" or suitable for "Thanks". What do you think about this joyful frame?
hskF9Hv.png

This would be the best replacement imo.

• Award 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Angry 1

• Advanced Members
16 hours ago, Solange said:

The only one I'd prefer is this one:(goo), or(victory) as I said previously.

I hope I can see this suggestion being implemented soon, I made this suggestion months ago and I don't see comments against this.

I hope forum admins will take this suggestion into account! :p

I’d like (Goo) too :$ 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, 6 said:

I'd like to see (pty) smiley for congratulating a person or an events. (pty) can be useful too in Contest and Events threads.

4XyU7ap.png

Ideally reactions (with exception to "like") should preserve the general symmetry of being a round smiley.

KHoUNI4fo2.png

Not sure if (pty) w/o the party hat would have the same effect.

OQ1Nor0FkA.png

Probably not.. or does it (wary)