Advertise xat on Facebook

Distinct

• Advanced Members

We all know xat is dying which will probably be the reason why xat will shut down, but we can prevent that.

Facebook ads are not expensive and can help xat in the long run. After a long period of advertising, xat should have brought in new customers maybe xat will gain hundreds of new customers.

New customers is always best for business, and the best place to advertise your company is on other popular companies.

xat doesn't have to die completely. Admin still has time to save his company.

• Advanced Members

Well, actually this theme has been discussed by the Contributors a while back as you can see the Contributor Monthly Logs: 

And i don't doubt they will do it eventually, but you know how xat is, so its gonna take some time ;).

• Wiki Editors

Contributors have suggested this innumerous times, however the administrators have never expressed anything about that. Hopefully they are waiting for until HTML5 and Mobile are more presentable, not only visually appealing, but also stable. 

• Award 1

• Moderators

I don't think xat should advertise until we have a good xat to present to new users. We still have issues, high priorities issues to fix until start thinking on advertising it. Like @Arthur said, there is the unfinished HTML5 and Mobile, the ticket delays issue and having the kind of powers we're having weekly.

• Advanced Members

xat won't even pay their staff, which would make them work harder and make xat better overall.

I am almost sure they wouldn't spend any money to advertise the site. Even if it does bring overall benefits

• Award 1

• Members

At the end of the day xat is a business/company. If they're not willing to invest in their own company then they should be prepared to watch it die. xat needs major advertising and to pay their staff or at least appreciate them in a different way, especially the volunteers. It works for all business, the more positive praise you give to your staff, the more they'll feel valued in the company and will want to work harder for it.

Edited by Savannah
  • Award 1

• Wiki Editors
38 minutes ago, Savannah said:

At the end of the day xat is a business/company. If they're not willing to invest in their own company then they should be prepared to watch it die. xat needs major advertising and to pay their staff or at least appreciate them in a different way, especially the volunteers. It works for all business, the more positive praise you give to your staff, the more they'll feel valued in the company and will want to work harder for it.

They're likely willing to do it, but it's probably not the right time. If we were in 2012 or 2013, then I'd be all for it. But considering the way popular browsers are leaving Flash aside, it could be a waste of money and energy to advertise xat at this time, while it completely relies on Flash to run.

Sure, we do have the HTML5 Chat and the Mobile app and we could advertise these over the Flash chat, but as I've said in my previous post, it makes more sense to wait until these are more presentable; not only visually appealing, but also stable.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Arthur said:

They're likely willing to do it, but it's probably not the right time. If we were in 2012 or 2013, then I'd be all for it. But considering the way popular browsers are leaving Flash aside, it could be a waste of money and energy to advertise xat at this time, while it completely relies on Flash to run.

Sure, we do have the HTML5 Chat and the Mobile app and we could advertise these over the Flash chat, but as I've said in my previous post, it makes more sense to wait until these are more presentable; not only visually appealing, but also stable.

By the time xat stabilizes those applications, there will be no users on xat.

I'm afraid xat will go bankrupt.

• No 1

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, Encrypt said:

By the time xat stabilizes those applications, there will be no users on xat.

I'm afraid xat will go bankrupt.

Maybe I wouldn't go that far. Especially knowing that there's people still spending a good amount of money for powers and xats. But instead of waiting for things to settle, there should be at least drills or plans that will help xat grow in the long and short-term.

• Award 1