Social Chat

Mike

• Advanced Members

This appears to be an opportunity for people with concerns about that chat to vent their frustrations to the main owner. 

Regardless whether people believe the main owner is suitable for the job or not - the discussion is open and it should be made use of. 

:)

• Award 1
  • Cool 1

• Advanced Members

As a ex staff for Social, I think you're doing a better job. It is unfortunate people who used xat and more importantly, used Social has quit or moved on. I wish I had the influence to be able to talk to them and get them back into it. With that being said, I think people right now should someway, somehow be rewarded for how active they are. I found the chat enjoyable and a challenge to earn ranks. It forces users to come back, show how dedicated and loyal they are, while also forming a community and getting to know individuals. As of right now, I think the member rank is only being given to trusted users, as it should be a thing where users get member by how active and loyal they are. Anyone can be on the chat, but how much they put into conversations, how much they interact with others should be the main point. It's Social for a reason, should not be dead and a place for the introverts to be dead at. I get it, people are busy with irl stuff. I find Discord to be another good way to keep the community together, have public announcements so people are in the loop. Contests are good, auto promo is good - to a extent. It's harder to maintain a good community while on a official if you have xat official rules set in place compared to other chats where it's totally free to do what they please under ToS. 

My ideas that could help Social (OPINION)

The feeling of being rewarded for being loyal and active.

New content every month, whether it's a change of the gline, or gback, or backgrounds.

Discord community for Social

A better communication with whats your plans with Social other than to revive it. 

• Innovative ideas from you and getting feedback on it to make sure it sits well with us (by any means it's still in your control, but community feedback is well appreciated shows you put the users before yourself.)
  • Be active, as a previous Main, you can NOT just leave a chat because of being too busy for weeks without notice, if you don't care about the chat enough to be active, then why should the community care either?
  • As you mentioned, English users are quitting a lot. I think it'd be fair to bring the multi language back to Social. It let's others connect in different languages, this means that you would need staff who understands other languages, therefore making it have more users because people who speak other languages could have a opportunity at helping with other languages.

Live DJs. As cliche as it sounds considering everyone likes to give DJs a hard time, being able to have a DJ you can talk to, request music, and enjoy music while chatting with other users is very fun and feel like you can actually sit back and relax and enjoy yourself.

Edited by Dallas

• Advanced Members

Dude, xat is almost dead at this point, unfortunately. Hopefully we get a point where we become competition for other again. Until then, ALL CHATS, not just Social, are and will experience a low amount of users, and sometimes even just plain inactivity. Be thankful that you get the least bit of activity, cause it's scarce nowadays. As for me, I used to hang out at social a lot and I think it's about time I go back and spend time again. It was nice to be there at the time I was there, so why not go again, in all honesty!

• Cool 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, CarlosDesigns said:

Dude, xat is almost dead at this point, unfortunately. Hopefully we get a point where we become competition for other again. Until then, ALL CHATS, not just Social, are and will experience a low amount of users, and sometimes even just plain inactivity. Be thankful that you get the least bit of activity, cause it's scarce nowadays. As for me, I used to hang out at social a lot and I think it's about time I go back and spend time again. It was nice to be there at the time I was there, so why not go again, in all honesty!

I don't get how this correlates to what the post is asking. He's asking for constructive feedback on how to improve the chat or if there any complaints about how he runs it. Your post is indicating something everyone knows, but doesn't give any feedback on how it could help Social. The only part that stood out to me was that you said you will be coming back to Social, but actions speaks louder than words, hope to see you around.

• Advanced Members

In my opinion, every official chat should serve a purpose that other official chats don't serve. Social originally did this when it was made to merge Freewebs and Facebook (both of which at one point served legitimate purposes), but since then it's pretty much been a lesser version of Chat, in my opinion. 

My suggestion is to come up with some reason why the chat is unique and should be official, and hopefully build a community around that topic/element. 

Edited by Steven

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Dallas said:

I don't get how this correlates to what the post is asking. He's asking for constructive feedback on how to improve the chat or if there any complaints about how he runs it. Your post is indicating something everyone knows, but doesn't give any feedback on how it could help Social. The only part that stood out to me was that you said you will be coming back to Social, but actions speaks louder than words, hope to see you around.

I'm saying that there's nothing Mike can do because xat's almost dead? View beyond the scope and don't take all text literally.

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, CarlosDesigns said:

I'm saying that there's nothing Mike can do because xat's almost dead? View beyond the scope and don't take all text literally.

This is still not giving any kind of feedback anyways. You act like he doesn't know that xat isn't what it used to be, he's asking for ideas to make the Social experience something people want to come back to everyday.

• Advanced Members
Just now, Dallas said:

This is still not giving any kind of feedback anyways. You act like he doesn't know that xat isn't what it used to be, he's asking for ideas to make the Social experience something people want to come back to everyday.

And I'm saying there's nothing he can do at the moment? The only thing that could be done and that is already happening is the design contest. No hard feelings, but how hard is it to understand?

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

And I'm saying there's nothing he can do at the moment? The only thing that could be done and that is already happening is the design contest. No hard feelings, but how hard is it to understand?

There is your answer, you only think the contest would be the only possible outcome for Social to be "popular." Other than that I was pointing out that you weren't giving any constructive thoughts or ideas to try and make Social more. Instead you were pointing out the obvious and being negative about it -- "xat is dead, there is nothing you can do about it." We know this, but it doesn't mean we can a semi good following of people on the chat.

• Smiley Makers
1 hour ago, SirCharlie said:

Maybe not have main owners with terrible reputations and who have done deplorable things previously (ie. dissing others in a disgusting way). I mean, how can you expect respect or activity from the community that you once insulted?

Thank you very much for your helpful input. This definitely show's me how much you care about the chat Social, and how you want to suggest very helpful improvements to save the chat rather than wish for it to die and be redirected.

Thank you.

• Cool 1

• Members

They were created several banned commands and were given to people irresponsible formerly it was easy to see a chat on the floor chatting off the air for not respecting the rules, today you see everypower people paint border chinga ban people and nothing is done, formerly everyone had respect with guest, members, today until the official bots of xat.com are banning guest, members. formerly had more respect with them, I think should have chances of the member and the guest back to attend the xat.com and also the powers in other countries are expensive that makes it difficult for people to get everyone when emmerald left here in Brazil almost all my friends sold the powers and left the xat.com @mike are several factors I'm sorry

I think the forum will not solve this issue should have a global meeting

• Volunteers

I have discussed it privately with Mike yesterday but I'm going to post what's on my mind. Let's hope this is of any help to understand the situation.

You have asked to be given Social in order to revive it, this was granted. After 2 months, nothing changed. The only 2 peaks of activity were when you took over and when the former co-main was banned forever. You've asked for the chat, so it's up to you to find solutions to revive it! What you are doing here is similar to asking for a promotion and then asking everyone that better deserved the promotion to help you to be capable enough to keep your position; this is unfair and many of them may decide not to help you.

In other words, if you had fulfilled your promise of reviving Social, you wouldn't even need to make such thread. No one prevented you from trying anything.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:01 PM, Mike said:

Handing the chat to someone else would also be futile seeing as how none of you people that want to complain about the chat even go to Social.

Where were you when Social was actually dying and before you took over? I have no idea. Yet you were still given the chat; do not expect others to do what you're not doing yourself. Most of the people who were willing to take over were users that had important positions on Social, they spent hours on the chat and were legitimate candidates.

On my side, I'm neither trying to revive Social, nor trying to kill it. What matters to me is xat in general. Does it make sense to keep a barely active chat that cannot be staffed 24/7 official and auto-promoted? That's what I'm wondering when I'm asked about Social. Also please, do not get it wrong, I actually wish Social could be active alongside Chat and other lobbies, that is the best for xat. Keeping it alive for the sake of keeping it alive is of no interest.

Good luck.

• Award 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2

• Advanced Members

Chat was also once a dead chat, with complaints.  I then invited all the Wiki editors to care for it.  I wanted to keep Adams dream alive.

Perhaps reach out to a global set of people.  You could always make it a contributors run chat. (toj)  Make it international.  Promote it on Twitter, Facebook page,

and "Social" media sites.  I think you rely on promo too much.  The English side hardly promos anymore or looks to it.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Trying to revive a dead chat in 2018

15 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

Dude, xat is almost dead at this point, unfortunately. Hopefully we get a point where we become competition for other again. Until then, ALL CHATS, not just Social, are and will experience a low amount of users, and sometimes even just plain inactivity. Be thankful that you get the least bit of activity, cause it's scarce nowadays.

Regardless of if he's giving feedback or not, Carlos is 100% right. You can't expect to revive a chat if there's no one to go to it.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, Christina said:

Chat was also once a dead chat, with complaints.  I then invited all the Wiki editors to care for it.  I wanted to keep Adams dream alive.

Perhaps reach out to a global set of people.  You could always make it a contributors run chat. (toj)  Make it international.  Promote it on Twitter, Facebook page,

and "Social" media sites.  I think you rely on promo too much.  The English side hardly promos anymore or looks to it.

I apologize... but you're blatantly lying out of your teeth. Chat was NEVER dead as it always had an active following and active staff. When it was mained by Daniela volunteers purposely took it due to "reports" against the chat. I have emails where I myself appealed the reason Chat was taken from Daniela(NEVER WAS ACTIVITY MENTIONED)... Again you guys did NOTHING to garner activity, you guys just removed the main for absolutely no reason. (I appealed it, and after admins realized you guys(mainly you) were bullCRAPPING *after he questioned vols* he decided to stop following up on the conversation) , Please stop using adams name in vain. Now with that being said...

IN REGARDS TO SOCIAL.....

You have to uphold YOUR standards @Mike to official chat standards... Yea we get it.. you're a rebel and you do nothing like everybody else does it... congratulations. Well you've found yourself once again coming back on the forum to initiate posts' like these... so if you can't fix YOURSELF... and uphold the standards a main owner should uphold to be able to run an "official" chat properly... then it will NEVER work out.

I've always provided you with constructive criticism and regardless of the unpopular opinion... if you don't fix your recent shitty behavior and continue to allow your emotions to get in the way of what you're actually trying to achieve.. you will never achieve it. Whether it is trying to guide the volunteers in the proper direction.. or trying to bring life back to social... IF YOU DON'T WORK ON YOUR ATTITUDE AND YOURSELF YOU WILL NOT ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS..

that's my two cents for these opinions.

*remember mods that posts are editable ;)*

not going to make another reply post only about that but here's my response for ya....

EDIT: @Christina you may just be offering your opinion to mike, but all I did was state facts, chat was never inactive when you decided to look for reasons to take it over. That's all I was trying to say ;).

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Ηi mike

1:try to see what mistakes were made!

2:create a contest every week on chat.

3:shared everywhere:facebook,twitter and all social. 

I wish all the chat have users.with a friendly answer to you

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
3 hours ago, Dann said:

You have to uphold YOUR standards @Mike to official chat standards... Yea we get it.. you're a rebel and you do nothing like everybody else does it... congratulations. Well you've found yourself once again coming back on the forum to initiate posts' like these... so if you can't fix YOURSELF... and uphold the standards a main owner should uphold to be able to run an "official" chat properly... then it will NEVER work out.

Rly...

My only suggestion is that you still getting users opinions and know what they think about, dont run it as other people who just cares about their own mind.

If none of the old mains opened a thread asking about suggestion to make it better, is their fault, not yours. You're not wrong in doing this. (As someone previous mentioned)

Edited by Laming
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members
On 5/17/2018 at 1:48 AM, Dallas said:

There is your answer, you only think the contest would be the only possible outcome for Social to be "popular." Other than that I was pointing out that you weren't giving any constructive thoughts or ideas to try and make Social more. Instead you were pointing out the obvious and being negative about it -- "xat is dead, there is nothing you can do about it." We know this, but it doesn't mean we can a semi good following of people on the chat.

As LeJon said before (quoted under), you can't expect to revive a chat if there's no one to go to it. HENCE WHY I SAID WHAT I SAID. All Mike can really do is sit and chill because there's not going to be anymore users than what he currently gets. This could be overturned though if xat solves its problems and has an increase in users. There is no constructive criticism to make at this point, at least in my POV. My only real advice is to relax and take it slow, just like xat is fixing their issues slowly.

On 5/17/2018 at 7:22 AM, LeJon said:

Regardless of if he's giving feedback or not, Carlos is 100% right. You can't expect to revive a chat if there's no one to go to it.