Messages Power

Distinct

• Advanced Members

Hello everyone,

I've thought up on another suggestion which could be useful for some users.

With this power, you'll be able to approve or reject a users PC before seeing their message.

Why would this power be useful? Because some users like to be inappropriate and rude in PC.

But you can already reject a PC with NOPC!

Yes you can, but NOPC doesn't protect you from staff members who use their rank sometimes to abuse and harass users in their PC. That is why this power would be useful.

I have some examples of what this power would be like thanks to HelperNate.

For the first example, a user will be getting a red and green lock on their screen warning them that a user is PCing them whether they have NOPC power or not.

The second example will be of a pop-up message asking the user whether they approve of the PC or want to reject it.UOyZKT3.png

ILeRtLU.png

I honestly think that that this power would help stop staff members from abusing their rank on certain chats to harass users, and from being inappropriate towards them or rude in a PC.

I hope you all like this suggestion, credits go to HelperNate once again for the examples above.

Thanks for reading!

• Award 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Stif said:

Good idea, i think it should be applied to those who has the NOPC only. In case it happens just in HTML5, then it could turn into a option on the settings screen.

Thank you for the support.

• Volunteers

I like the idea of requesting for a Private Chat
But I think that the box can be a bit annoying.

Being interrupted by an undesired message that you cant simple scroll down because it's centered on the chat. 

Maybe the request can be shown somewhere else (?)

Imagine one power that allows you to PC users, even if they have (nopc) power.

Suggestion:

The user receives the 1st message you sent on PC through main chat, in italic style (like Help messages)

Only the person that received the PC can see the message. 

The user wouldn't get the Private Chat opened unless they open it by themselves.

It could work similarly to Private Messages. It would even bypass the (nopm) power due to the italic message. 

And, anyone with a higher rank should be able to PC you. This shouldn't change.

I don't think there is an important need for this power because of (nopc) and how Private Messages work

But it's an interesting idea, we should think more about it. (goo)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

UOyZKT3.png

This is the pop-up we suggested that shows when user1 (the requesting user) has constructed the messages they want to request to user2's (the other user) private chat. It will show up after user1 constructed their message(s), click the request button, and the pop-up confirms if they want to request to start a private conversation with user2 with those messages.

J8L66Va.png

Now THIS pop-up we suggested will show on user2's end. After the first example in the initial post, after user2 clicks over to the PC tab, the tab will be blank (pretend the one message with bot power isn't there), and THIS pop-up will show that user1 is requesting to private chat with them. If user2 selects yes, they will see the messages that user1 constructed. If user2 selects no, the PC tab will close, they will be directed back to the main chat, and will not see the messages that user1 constructed. I can post more examples for either user's end upon request if necessary.

Edited by HelperNate

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Cupim said:

I like the idea of requesting for a Private Chat
But I think that the box can be a bit annoying.

Being interrupted by an undesired message that you cant simple scroll down because it's centered on the chat. 

Imagine one power that allows you to PC users, even if they have (nopc) power.

Suggestion:

The user receives the 1st message you sent on PC through main chat, in italic style (like Help messages)

Only the person that received the PC can see the message. 

The user wouldn't get the Private Chat opened unless they open it by themselves.

It could work similarly to Private Messages. It would even bypass the (nopm) power due to the italic message. 

And, anyone with a higher rank should be able to PC you. This shouldn't change.

I don't think there is an important need for this power because of (nopc) and how Private Messages work

But it's an interesting idea, we should think more about it. (goo)

Thank you for your support as well, it means a lot to me coming from a volunteer.

• Wiki Editors
10 hours ago, Cupim said:

Perhaps on an additional tab like the Tickle tab?

Once you click the tab, you'll be able to see your private chat requests. And the tab goes green when you receive a new private chat request.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, CarlosDesigns said:

Good idea! This should be added once xat becomes a bit more developed and customizable. As of right now, I don't see a need or a way to put this in place.

I see a need of it right now as many users like to harass others for no reason.

This power would help put an end to that.

• Advanced Members
Just now, Encrypt said:

That is a good option, but some users like to abuse toons to continue harassing others.

Unfortunately that is the downfall of a public chat service. From the top of my head I can't think of a way of avoiding it. Though, that's where your suggestion would fall in place. It would take a while to implement and work out a good way to put this power in place, considering xat's flexibility state.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, CarlosDesigns said:

Unfortunately that is the downfall of a public chat service. From the top of my head I can't think of a way of avoiding it. Though, that's where your suggestion would fall in place. It would take a while to implement and work out a good way to put this power in place, considering xat's flexibility state.

I understand that. Hopefully one day xat will make some features or powers like this one, to better protect the customers that buy xat products. Business is only effective if customers feel safe and welcomed on xat.

Otherwise xat would just lose money in the end.

• Award 1