494 BOTSTAT

Stif

• Moderators

It allows approved bot providers to set your status, avatar and home page for different purposes, like Spotify's to dynamically display the current song being played. Considering that the power just opens the possibility, these functions are not available yet then the power currently doesn't do much. 

• Thanks 1

• Members
6 minutes ago, Stif said:

Ele permite que provedores de bot aprovados definam seu status, avatar e home page para diferentes propósitos, como o Spotify para exibir dinamicamente a música atual que está sendo reproduzida. Considerando que o poder apenas abre a possibilidade, estas funções ainda não estão disponíveis, então o poder atualmente não faz muito. 

Thanks now I understood a little bit about this power will have a code that will be generated where I go for in my $status example:  $status fexbots.com/api.php?111.111.111

• Advanced Members

So if you do not like the power and you want to have the Everypower you should buy it, but wiki says:

Please do not buy the power until you are satisfied with what it has to offer.

That must be changed or better specified

• Advanced Members
45 minutes ago, Samuel said:

That must be changed or better specified

Not everyone buys powers for the sake of maintaining every power (believe it or not). This sentence is in reference to the fact that this power doesn’t provide anything in and of itself (besides pawns/smilies) and it is dependant on what bot providers can provide, so don’t buy the power until you’ve looked at what they provide and that they provide what you need.

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Not everyone buys powers for the sake of maintaining every power (believe it or not).

Do you really believe that? Well, I think you're very wrong. Most everypower users are usually very dissatisfied with the released powers (not in all cases) yet they must buy them for their precious everypower pawn. I made the comment because when I read that, the first thing that came to mind is that it is not necessary for the Everypower, it was just a question and my opinion about what the wiki says..

• Award 1
  • Meh 1
  • Confused 1

• Bot Service Providers

No sense selling a power for all(forcing all to buy it to stay everypower enabled) if just bot providers will can use the real function.

Edited by Laming
  • Award 1

This power allows approved bot providers to set your name, status, avatar and home page, opening up the possibility for them to utilize different APIs, e.g. Spotify's to dynamically display the current song being played.

This power does not provide any functionality in and of itself, and relies on bot providers to provide the features. Please do not buy the power until you are satisfied with what they have to offer.

the pawn for this power is

(hat#hb)

(hat#hs)

this power work with spotify if you have  account there.  so you can see what you are listing to with sending ! spotify  the bot will  answer with what you are listing  to 

• Advanced Members

Considering approved bot providers have been breached before in the past, I consider this somewhat of a security risk to people's accounts unless it's done in a very specific way, and locked down properly.

Can someone give me a good reason why a bot provider would need the ability to modify something like your home page?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, adam_ said:

Can someone give me a good reason why a bot provider would need the ability to modify something like your home page?

For example, put a direct link to the song you listen.. Now it's a matter of bot providers creating new things 

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Samuel said:

For example, put a direct link to the song you listen.. Now it's a matter of bot providers creating new things 

How safe is something like this, though? As I said, bot providers have been compromised before. They could use this power to spread dangerous links, which users may not think twice about because it'd be on their friends profiles.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, adam_ said:

How safe is something like this, though? As I said, bot providers have been compromised before. They could use this power to spread dangerous links, which users may not think twice about because it'd be on their friends profiles.

I give you the reason, although I SUPPOSE and I HOPE that xat keep in mind what quick steps to take if something happens

• Moderators

Yes, if you have an account on xatbot and a spotify account, xatbot allows you to change your status to the music you're currently playing on spotify.

Edited by Stif
typo and additional information

• Members
1 hour ago, Stif said:

Yes, if you have an account on xatbot and a spotify account, xatbot allows you to change your status to the music you're currently playing on spotify.

I already had a broad view of this power, first you need to have an xatbot's account, then an account with a spotify music provider or others and then do the code using command [ !spotify ] 

I see that only xatbot has this power to change the status we will wait for other xatbot's to develop this code to change status, we will have patience and wait for the programmers to do

Thanks for answering .. 😉

20 hours ago, Crow said:

In the future, please check the topic hasn't already been created. @myow

The topic has now been merged.

first thing i didnt saw the post that have posted before  .and why my post is posted as comment not as a post  !!!! (hmm)