mention power

• Advanced Members

This is already implemented in HTML5, however you simply decide yourself which words you want to get notified of.

On 3/26/2018 at 5:11 PM, LaFleur said:

Mentions:

You can also get notifications for keywords you set. For instance, if someone writes “lafleur”, you will be notified about that, regardless of settings.

To add keywords, use this macro: $mentions=lafleur,xat,help,html5 (example)

e87mDW.png

More info here: https://forum.xat.com/topic/6635-new-html5-feature-notifications/

If you say, any user should be notified when using @username or @id, that's something that can still be added to the Notifications feature of HTML5.

Thank you for the suggestion.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

This has already been suggested and has been reviewed by admin already.

As for you, @LaFleur, I will continue to say this: Macros are not user friendly! From what I am also aware of, not many people tend to use desktop notifications on browsers for nearly anything. Something ideal would be to make a notification system in the app itself.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
13 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

As for you, @LaFleur, I will continue to say this: Macros are not user friendly! From what I am also aware of, not many people tend to use desktop notifications on browsers for nearly anything. Something ideal would be to make a notification system in the app itself.

Macros are just provisionally, it's planned to have this in settings soon.

Personally, I prefer desktop notifications, it will work if the chat is closed, if you're at another tab, if the browser is minimized, so you wouldn't miss any messages.

Furthermore, since this is limited to private chats/messages by default (and you can make it friends only as well), it's not bothering either.

• Award 1

Encrypt this power not  disturbed users 

CarlosDesigns  already suggested for long time i think so i can suggest it again. i like this  power if can be becouse i like speciel notification if friends notificate your name in  mainchat or maybe in other chat .