Have you ever met anyone on xat IRL?

Crow

• Advanced Members

I will meet this summer @Madses in July. I'm gonna show him the Romanian dank side, low-life, the gypsy land and how do I live in Romania lol. We are gonna have a lot of fun if you know what I mean owo uwu. We are gonna eat traditional romanian food (bread with salt) yum yum. 

• Award 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Members

Yes I’ve met a couple people irl from xat before. They lived approximately 30 min away from me. Unfortunately they no longer come on xat.

However, there are several people I have became close friends with this year who aren’t too far from me either. I hope to be meeting them soon :)

• Wow 3

• Advanced Members

I've met two people from xat (one of which has not been on xat since mid-2011). They were both in the Southern areas of Britain and I met them in 2013 and 2015. It was a lovely experience! With one of them, as we met in London, we did all the "what you'd expect" to do in the capital of England; go on the London Eye, shop at Choccywoccydodah, sail on River Thames Cruise, and much more. It saddened us that the weather was so beaming our chocolate melted before the day ended. 

I also plan to meet a long-term American friend of mine from xat, one I've had a rather strange relationship with for over 10 years (we haven't communicated via xat since 2014). We're both rather excited about this!

I will perhaps be meeting @Matthew this year and @g1rl when she visits the country!

[Removed by moderator - rule 2]

Edited by Crow
  • Award 3
  • Wow 1

• Members

I've met a few people from xat. I have met 3 girls from xat and I met them when I quit. Didn't specifically quit for any reason, just stopped getting online as much. The first girl I met was a girl called Hope who lived in my city. (she doesn't get online anymore). She was lovely, we got on really well and spent the entire day together, shopping, went out for a meal, went to the cinema.

The 2nd girl I met (who I won't say the name of due to nosey people) was a mutual friend of some of my friends irl life. It was a really nice experience, she lived around an hour from me and we ventured out to London. We went to the tate gallery as we both enjoy art and then to the aquarium in London which is near the London Eye and then we went onto the London eye. We then ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, it was so so so nice. The other days we met up were more casual days near our area which mostly consisted of shopping, eating, drinking cocktails and we went paintballing once. Unfortunately, we don't speak as much anymore but I'll always remember those times we did meet up.

The 3rd girl was someone I have been friends with for 6 years coming up to 7 years, ever since I first started xat and I knew her previously due to the game I was playing too. She has always been one of my best friends and will probably always remain one of my best friends. We do normal things really. Visit art galleries, visit different cities within the country, spent most of our days in Cambridge as it's beautiful there. Shopping, meals out, lazy days including movie days. Driving, dancing etc. 

I have also met Jamesey,  it was a surreal experience as he was (and still is) one of my best friends of 7 years it was awkward at first but we both started to feel comfortable afterwards. We went to a nice restaurant by the beach, had a walk along there and talked for hours. We also went to the arcades, went for a meal out and also getting lost half the time since he was the one driving. (wary) Overall it was a very very good experience and we plan to meet a lot during this year too. He has been the most supportive person in my life over these years and it's nice to have him as an irl friend instead of an online one. 

As for the future, I will be meeting up with 2 people from xat this year as planned. J being one of them who I am very excited to meet since he has spoken to all of my friends & family over the phone and I think my friends are more excited to meet him more than I am. And which I am also super excited about since they have become one of my closest friends and another brilliant and positive influence on my life. 

Edited by Savannah
  • Award 1
  • Wow 1

• Members

So now my name has been mentioned I guess I have to say something.

I have met many many people from online... Tinder is addictive (wailing)

But also have met many people from xat. All but 2 of them have remained good friends - Now to clear my name with Savannah's post.

The awkwardness with Sav's  is entirely her fault!!! We were the text book example of how NOT to meet up with someone online.

I met her in an empty carpark at a pub she picked and was waiting at and she got right in my car and we started going to our final destination. Don't do that at home kids, its reckless and stupid, I and she could of been anyone. Turned out well though - I believe I knew her really well though this point... but still do not do it. Also, we only got lost as she was AWFUL at giving directions.:p

In subsequent meets we actually met inside the pub with drinks on hand ready - much wiser - but I knew she wasn't a mass murderer at that point thankfully.

Second time I met Sav, the hotel I crashed at still wins the award the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at - luckily I was partying at some weird Anime themed bar that night to really care. 

Now I have cleared my name... ill stop posting now, though I feel like this post has just exposed my true personality more than anything. 

• Wow 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Wiki Translators

I met 2 friends ( a boy and girl ) once each of them, from my city, it was a nice time we're gone to take a coffee then we discussed much topics related to xat and others ... and there are expectations to meet a third person, she is away from my city but i hope so   :$

Edited by Maxo
  • Wow 1
  • Done! 1

• 9 months later...
  • Wiki Editors

I haven't met anybody from xat IRL. However, when I was on high school in 2012, I randomly found two guys from my class on a chat, if that counts. We'd talk about xat and games at school, good times, lmao.

There are some people from xat I'd love to meet IRL though, maybe one day. =)

Edited by Arthur
  • Wow 1