Option to change Clubs name

ider

• Advanced Members

I think could be useful to add the option to change the name of your Club with a limit max 3 times because you and your club members decide to change it because of any reason could be nice to be able to change it.  That could help because now if you want another club you have to create it and wait for it to be accepted  is better if you change the name with a limit of three times for each group.

Just a suggestion

• Volunteers

This could be difficult to moderate. Part of the reason we approve/deny clubs is to protect against inappropriate names. With this idea, if the club is already approved, they will have free rein to obtain whatever inappropriate name they want.

Users might also be tricked into joining something that then changes to something completely different. 

There's an argument to say if descriptions and club avatars can be changed, names can be too. But names are much more obvious than descriptions, and they are the foundation of the club itself. I'd personally advise against being able to change them. 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Crow said:

This could be difficult to moderate. Part of the reason we approve/deny clubs is to protect against inappropriate names. With this idea, if the club is already approved, they will have free rein to obtain whatever inappropriate name they want.

Users might also be tricked into joining something that then changes to something completely different. 

There's an argument to say if descriptions and club avatars can be changed, names can be too. But names are much more obvious than descriptions, and they are the foundation of the club itself. I'd personally advise against being able to change them. 

But it can be moderated too being approved by a moderator too.

• Volunteers
On 08/04/2018 at 12:01 PM, ider said:

But it can be moderated too being approved by a moderator too.

That's a good solution, assuming the forum software is capable of it.

Would we allow clubs to completely change their identity/purpose, though? This might not be fair on members who joined beforehand...

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Crow said:

Would we allow clubs to completely change their identity/purpose, though? This might not be fair on members who joined beforehand...

No, make a new club.

Capitalisation changes should be the only ones allowed.

• Bot Service Providers

It would be like Facebook,

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

Capitalisation changes should be the only ones allowed.

Allowed (as default).

If want to change to other name, need staff's approvation. But, not allowed to change e.g: name is "Cats are beautiful" change for "We are otakus"; just something that is similar to it, e.g "Cats are ugly".

(yeah my example is @#$%*()

• Advanced Members
On 4/10/2018 at 12:52 PM, Crow said:

if members don't agree they will leaven inmediately Naturally so.

• Wiki Editors
2 hours ago, ider said:

if members don't agree they will leaven inmediately Naturally so.

Doesn't sound very convenient for me. I can see a lot of people joining an “I love cats” club and ending up as a member of some weird cult. You could argue that there could be a notification for all members when a club's name is changed, but not a lot of people are active in the forums and you could easily miss it if you have a lot of notifications.

• Wow 1

• Advanced Members
22 hours ago, Arthur said:

Doesn't sound very convenient for me. I can see a lot of people joining an “I love cats” club and ending up as a member of some weird cult. You could argue that there could be a notification for all members when a club's name is changed, but not a lot of people are active in the forums and you could easily miss it if you have a lot of notifications.

to be part of any cult is a choice too, so i think none is obligate to stay in any Club if they dont want.