A way to see why you have been banned

HelperNate

• Advanced Members

There's already a way for users to get ban transcripts. It's supposedly not allowed even though people have been doing it for years and it was even broken at one point then fixed so that it can be used that way again..

• Wiki Translators

This one way will help many users to know the reason of why they have been banned. I see everything very good, but I see an inconvenient. What will happen with Events power? As I said before, it is a fantastic idea. Let's hope that some day this power be here!

• Advanced Members

I think this would defeat the purpose of events power a little, but this can be helpful to users who are banned on the spot to see the reason why they are banned.

Events power should be updated making it into a group power, chats  with Events power assigned can let users check the events with or without the power and only need to have an Events power if the chat doesn't have the power assigned. 

• Award 1

When will official chats unban forever ban people who have been ban for a year or two? Still waiting on the day Roberto will be unban, I'll giveaway 50k when this day is a reality. This message is for the people say "It means forever ban for a reason",  my reply to any type of message of this format is that the site clearly needs these people to keep it from dying.

Edited by MyNameIsKyle

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, MyNameIsKyle said:

When will official chats unban forever ban people who have been ban for a year or two? Still waiting on the day Roberto will be unban, I'll giveaway 50k when this day is a reality. This message is for the people say "It means forever ban for a reason",  my reply to any type of message of this format is that the site clearly needs these people to keep it from dying.

So people who ban evade nearly daily should pardoned? Ehhh.. 

Personally I don’t think anyone is entitled to see their ban reason, like Nathan claims. I can reasonably assume that a majority of people who are being banned know why they’re being banned. xat implemented Events as a paid service on purpose, and this technically could stop people from buying the power (however miniscule) 

The point is: it’s something that would not be worth the time to implement (html5 and mobile are priority, not letting trolls know that they’re trolling)

• Advanced Members

I don't see how events is diminished with this suggestion... All he's requesting is for the screen that says you have been banned, to show the reason as to why. This would NOT defeat the purpose of events power at all... Users have a right to know why they are banned, sometimes that dialogue disappears or goes away without you noticing. I've been banned by bot before due to a reason that was not valid,(and I did not know the reason until staff unbanned me) and the same CAN happen with a user that's not a bot, so there should be a reason as to why you were banned. IF NOT, how are you supposed to report an unfair ban?? 

10 hours ago, Angelo said:

Personally I don’t think anyone is entitled to see their ban reason,

@AngeloI apologize but... WHAT?!? why would you NOT be entitled to know why you were banned? That's almost laughable... There's a space to put the reason in there for A REASON. And unfair bans are not allowed. So the end user getting banned SHOULD BE entitled to know why they were banned,this comes especially in cases where they did not see it happening. There are often times users falsify reports on users and users get banned while they are away and many many more scenarios where a user does not know why he's banned and needs to find out.

Events power is made so you can see events that have been recorded on the chat... this means you can see the CHAT'S events as a whole... A user should not have to buy this power to see why he was banned, the message should be made clear to the end user as to why he was banned. 

I support @HelperNate 's Idea as it makes complete sense.

Edited by Dann
  • Award 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
  • Stif locked this topic