Notifications

Admin

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, Stif said:

Would be good to get a notification when a specific person gets online.

This could work when a person you have added as a friend is connected

Edited by Skatel

• Volunteers
15 hours ago, Stif said:

Would be good to get a notification when a specific person gets online.

The idea to show a notification when someone gets online is really interesting. 

To complete the suggestion, It would be cool when you click their profil or in settings to have a button "Notification when online" so when they get online, you will get a notification.

Sounds really good at all because you can do a lot of things with notifications.

• Volunteers

Can you guys test the offline notifications on the new HTML5 version ?

Steps to do:

1. Connect on the new HTML5 version (so it can save a special token for notification)
  2. Close all xat windows on the browser you want to receive notifications
  3. Send a private message to the offline account
  4. See if you get a notification.

Example (Sloom is online / Cynbel is offline): 

DIVydOa.gif

We are looking for feedbacks from the community so we can see if it's working well or not. If they are not working, please post there with the browser you have used.

Note: They are only working on Firefox, Opera (maybe), and Chrome (atm). Also, make sure to enable notifications in chat settings and on your browser.

Note2: You will be added as available on friends list when you connect on the new HTML5 version. (not only mobile is doing that!)

Thank you.

Edited by SlOom
  • Award 1

• Administrators
On 28/03/2018 at 9:35 PM, LaFleur said:

I'd prefer all devices and perhaps have a separate option in Settings whether you want offline notifications or not (enabled by default).

This should work (not tested)

On 28/03/2018 at 9:47 PM, Skatel said:

This could work when a person you have added as a friend is connected

Hmm we need to be careful here. Maybe the user doesn't want this.

I guess mutual friends could be told and there could be an option to turn it off.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
18 minutes ago, Admin said:

I guess mutual friends could be told and there could be an option to turn it off

Exactly, you could include a option to turn it off as macro maybe $mentionsfriends=off  or $mentionsf=off 

• 9 months later...
  • Advanced Members
On 4/3/2018 at 3:52 PM, Admin said:

This should work (not tested)

I guess mutual friends could be told and there could be an option to turn it off.

when i join HTML5 from mozilla browser i get it asking if i wanna turn on notifications, but its so annoying for users specially those from big sites with multiple content stream. :( how can i solve it?

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, ider said:

when i join HTML5 from mozilla browser i get it asking if i wanna turn on notifications, but its so annoying for users specially those from big sites with multiple content stream. :( how can i solve it?

Can you explain what exactly is annoying?

• Advanced Members

IMG-20190106-WA0019.thumb.jpg.8275feebb57cfcf71e3690fb651b111e.jpg

Those users are that just join the website for watching any content there any movie etc they get annoyed when they get it each time they join the site. There is any solution or any code i could add to html5 embed to avoid it?

Edited by ider

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, ider said:

IMG-20190106-WA0019.thumb.jpg.8275feebb57cfcf71e3690fb651b111e.jpg

Those users are that just join the website for watching any content there any movie etc they get annoyed when they get it each time they join the site. There is any solution or any code i could add to html5 embed to avoid it?

You're saying you get that notification prompt every time you join a xat website even though you have already set your notification settings? e.g: you have pressed "not now" but still getting it?

• Advanced Members
11 hours ago, Junior said:

You're saying you get that notification prompt every time you join a xat website even though you have already set your notification settings? e.g: you have pressed "not now" but still getting it?

Every time i join a site where where is a HTML5 xat embed cause with mozilla cause with flash it doesnt happens.

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, ider said:

Every time i join a site where where is a HTML5 xat embed cause with mozilla cause with flash it doesnt happens.

"Not now" is only temporarily.

The xat Html5 chat is able to show desktop notifications, which is why the browser is asking for allowance. Read more about xat's desktop notifications feature

If you're not interested in using this feature, you'll simply have to click at the arrow and choose "Never allow". You will not be asked again then.

VZe7mz2.png

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, LaFleur said:

"Not now" is only temporarily.

The xat Html5 chat is able to show desktop notifications, which is why the browser is asking for allowance. Read more about xat's desktop notifications feature

If you're not interested in using this feature, you'll simply have to click at the arrow and choose "Never allow". You will not be asked again then.

VZe7mz2.png

i dont mind about it i said users who join the site where the xat is  (hmm) ... lol  ok....