New HTML5 Feature: Notifications

LaFleur

• Kyle pinned this topic
  • Advanced Members

A new good feature I like it, and I have got more ideas for it.

1- In case I want all people to send me private messages not just friends when window is minimized, an easy tip regarding this case is to create a macro to allow me and other people to block spammers! maybe like ($notify=Username,block) if you ever get overwhelmed with annoying messages from unwanted users just block them from only private messages!

2- Showing whether you're  (offline, busy or available, don't disturb) statues. ($notify=all,busy)

3- Adding sounds for notifications, or set up to two sounds to differentiate between private messages and main/public messages.  [ ($notify=all,sound) for all type of messages |  ($notify=pvtmsg,sound)  for private only messages.]

4- Showing a brief or a short portion of the message being sent privately to you on your home screen as to see whether it's worth replying to or not!

5- Notification sound when you're (kicked, banned, or disconnected from the chat) 

6- The @Admin brought up a good idea here which is 

You can also monitor a chat for messages you are interested in.

what's your say about having your name included as one of the words that you're interested in (list of words or something like that), so that you're informed of anyone that mentions your name or your registered name getting you involved in a discussion whether a pleasant/unwanted discussions!

7- A notification sound when a power gets released so that when I'm not on xat I can set a macro that within for example an hour I should be there to purchase a new power release or something! If you looked down below my post here you will see an idea with regard to this seventh idea, it was a suggestion of a power named (Alarm), where I find this is the right time for this idea to be implemented!

Ex ($notify=sound,duration) meaning within the specified duration shoot me the specified sound like a warning sound.

The idea of (Alarm)

8- As to another thing that I see it probably is important is get notified about when to promote your chat, there are times you're not recommended to promote the chat at, the times when dozens of other promoted chats are there where a promoted chat around this time won't get much of users compared to different times which there ain't much of chat rooms being promoted along with yours!

9- This feature would work for contests chat groups, just think about it, how can I have the users on my chat notified about when the contest begins also according to each country's timezone, a notification of who's the winner of the contest and stuff like so!

That's how far I could think of by now, if I got more ideas I would post them here so, to be continued!

Edited by IDIMA
  • Award 4

• Advanced Members
On 30/03/2018 at 1:08 PM, IDIMA said:

what's your say about having your name included as one of the words that you're interested in (list of words or something like that), so that you're informed of anyone that mentions your name or your registered name getting you involved in a discussion whether a pleasant/unwanted discussions!

You can already do this using $mentions, e.g. $mentions=IDIMA, and if someone uses the word IDIMA, you will get a notification about it.

For any kind of alarms, it's better to this on your side, using a browser extension or a windows program.

The idea about power release sounds pretty good!

• Award 1

• zw unpinned this topic
  • LaFleur pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Hello, I've been on xat for many years, I have a website that has many visitors and always choose to use xat. The problem is that these notifications are annoying for visitors to my website, is there a possibility to disable this? I do not want to remove the xat from my website, I want it to remain as it is without these notifications that are only shown in Mozilla Firefox.

2fwI7zh.jpg

This is very inconvenient to visitors to my website, it is impossible for me to add indications on how to disable these annoying notifications. I think that this should be an option to choose by the administrator of the xat within the panel to assign powers, not something mandatory.

• Members

When I click "Not Now" and press f5 or browse through a tab on the web, the notification reappears, I have to click "Never Allow" so that they do not appear anymore. This does not know the visitors of my website, it is annoying for them to close the notification and keep appearing. Is there a possibility that they can replace "Not now" with "Never Allow" so that the blessed notification does not appear ?.

za6Upph.png

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to write this post, I saw what they replied to @Ider but it's not really enough help.

• Award 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • LaFleur featured and unpinned this topic