Wiki: xat.wiki/rankscroll

This power was based on a suggestion by @xCody

Edited by Stif
Additional information
  • Award 2
  • Wow 1
  • No 1

• Moderators

It will allow you add different scrolls for different ranks. I will update the post as soon i get new info. The instructions on how to use it will be available on the wiki as soon it be up.

• Moderators

Also, to clear just one rank-specific scroll message, you need to use the command again with no message BUT with a comma after, for example: /som,

If you use "/som." it will show "om." as a scroll message to everyone. If you use "/som", it will show "om" as a scroll message to everyone.

Also, @Admin, are we able to set specific colors to rank-specific scroll messages?

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, Dann said:

"I am paying to get a power that allows different ranks to see different messages on the scroll ?" uhh WHY?

So the scroller feature is available to everyone, but this is an upgrade to the scroller feature that allows greater customisation? Seems like a perfect example of what a power should be (free vs premium features). 

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members

I was happy with this option until I saw that it was power and not a free Feature.

@Admin you did a good job, thank you, but Once again disappointed! :( 

Good luck!

************ It does not cost much for such a service, and very useful, I think.
But I think the free option was much better.********************************* 

• Members

Many times when you leave xat and you go offline when you return to chat it appears the message that was sent when you were offline, we already have the rodape for free, it would be interesting to have created a page similar to events and amarzena message sent by the group would be more complete the new power the person would visualize the page if it was with new power, could have thought a little but before creating this new power, good luck with new power

(meh)

• Advanced Members

I don't understand why something SO SIMPLE isn't a free feature. I don't think @Admin understands how important these small, simple features are. Making them powers won't increase the user base or switch up the game, not everyone has the time or patience OR money to get xats and buy something that's supposed to be FREE.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

So the scroller feature is available to everyone, but this is an upgrade to the scroller feature that allows greater customisation? Seems like a perfect example of what a power should be (free vs premium features). 

It's exactly the opposite. It's SO BASIC to even consider it a power. A premium feature would be customizing your name (we can do with Namecolor), or having a bot, although I do lean into the side of having bots free as long as they have premium modes (like FEX and xatbot do), and even using old fashioned smileys as we can do in the classic power is a premium feature. Something so BASIC and PRACTICAL like this power shouldn't be a power, but a FREE FEAUTRE.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
12 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

It's exactly the opposite. It's SO BASIC to even consider it a power. A premium feature would be customizing your name (we can do with Namecolor), or having a bot, although I do lean into the side of having bots free as long as they have premium modes (like FEX and xatbot do), and even using old fashioned smileys as we can do in the classic power is a premium feature. Something so BASIC and PRACTICAL like this power shouldn't be a power, but a FREE FEAUTRE.

@CarlosDesigns carlos explained it pretty well himself...

14 hours ago, Daniel said:

But I do not think we are on the same page.

They grabbed a FREE feature... and in turn decided to "allow users to set it for different ranks" but ended up selling it as a power... In comparison that is like saying.. you can send free messages on your chatbox but lets make the private ones a premium FEATURE! because you've allowed 'greater customization' to the messaging system.  umm... NO...

All I am saying is this is NOT a quality power... NO it does not take a lot of work to do this... I apologize but with the expertise of the developers it would be sad to say that making a scroll message visibly different based on rank is a hard developmental change... that is almost a joke. This is a power they just simply threw together and no quality was added to it. If we simply stand by and not speak up, the quality of powers will continue to degrade and we will continue to allow things like these to be acceptable in the community. Again, I apologize, but these powers are not up to par, at least not to a paying user.

Again, it is just MY opinion and I'm expressing how I feel about it. That does not mean it's the opinion of everyone.

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, remorsedsinister said:

the specific user part isnt working when i use /so, everyone can still see o,message same with any other rank the rank letter shows in the scroll

Make sure the power is assigned and enabled on group settings. 

Furthermore note that /so, is only meant for main owners to use.

If it still doesn't show up properly, send me a PM with your chat group and I'll try to assist you.

• Crow locked this topic