"Sproof" Power

jaxonn

• Members

I suggested this a while back (sometime in May I believe) and realized I should change up some things... Anyway, the "Sproof" power allows Main Owners/Owners to edit what other users have said, once edited, it will not be saved into the events log. Also, it will say that the message has been edited on the main chat.

Example:

CEi94Md.png

Can be changed to:

RyQpYMv.png

You must have the power to edit it, it is not a group power.

Edited by Vibes
  • No 3
  • Meh 1
  • Confused 1

• Advanced Members

I would advise against this. Even though people can be trusted to be an owner/main owner, there's a chance that there are bad people out there who want to make it look like someone said something bad to them or did something that gets them banned in a chat for no good reason. This power would be perfect for faking screenshots, which is a BAD idea!

• Award 3

• Volunteers

There were some useful comments posted in your other topic. So I'll link it here:

On 17/03/2018 at 3:08 AM, HelperNate said:

I would advise against this. Even though people can be trusted to be an owner/main owner, there's a chance that there are bad people out there who want to make it look like someone said something bad to them or did something that gets them banned in a chat for no good reason. This power would be perfect for faking screenshots, which is a BAD idea!

Very true. Perhaps the font could be dark red or something - so people reading it know it's been edited (and it would be harder to fake screenshots). Bots autobanning would still be a problem, though. 

• Advanced Members

I would much rather prefer to edit my own messages rather than someone editing them for me. What would be the point in that? Do you think owners/main owners are gonna bother to fix your grammar/spelling ? 

• Haha 1

• Moderators

I agree with @HelperNate, this could be used with bad intentions. Also, would be better if you could only edit your own messages, in case you typed anything wrong or something but could still be used in bad intentions, like saying a inapp and then changing it right away, avoiding kick/ban.

• Award 1