AmonRa2017

someone cloned my xat group

Question

hello! I want to report this chat group as being a clone of my own xat group https://xat.com/MagiaInimii. They use bad language, they come to my xat group insulting me and my users and they promote their chat in my name. 
Here is the proof, the main owner from there came to our group, swearing us very bad and promoting their xat here. <screenshot removed>
Please help! 

7 answers to this question

Hello,

We regret to hear that you're having some issues regarding another chat. However, xat does not settle disputes between users, which means you'll have to take matters into your own hands.  Here are a few ideas on how you can do that:

If you believe that someone has created a chat that is very similar to yours, you should let all of the people who use your chat know that someone else has created a fake. Perhaps you could use the scroll message, or the Announce power. Unfortunately, there is nothing else that we can do on the forum to help you resolve the issue of someone creating a copy-cat chat. 

If someone is swearing or being inappropriate in your chat, you can easily ban them forever, or make the chat members only. This will assure that anyone being inappropriate can be kept out. If you feel that someone is breaking terms by creating threats towards you or someone else, you can go to their xatspace, and click on Inappropriate to report them. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to open a new thread.

Good luck. 

Hello, it is very normal that if you have a "famous" group other people from other groups go to do "spam" on your chat. You can ban them if you wish since in this case that is not allowed in your xat. If these users are users without register you can use the "protect" ( /p ) function or make the chat only for members. If what you are trying to achieve is to block those people from being able to enter your xat, that is only possible if you ban him forever.

Well, if you are referring to "Multumesc" its meaning is Thank you, I do not see the inappropriate. (I mean the only message that is in your screenshot)

T2MAQHb.png

Posted (edited)

After banning him, you can also report the user by clicking on his user picture and then clicking on inappropriate. In case his profile doesn't show the inappropriate option at the top of the page, search for the xat logo at the lower left corner, then click on inappropriate. Make sure that you are filling a truthful situation and put as much evidence as you can.

Edited by Stif
typo

Hello, already I help this user with the problem in your chat, another person create a chat with a similar name and she is annoying with this, I told her that she could use the option of inappropiate under the chat and report your complaint or disagreement of the same.

21 minutes ago, Samuel said:

Well, if you are referring to "Multumesc" its meaning is Thank you, I do not see the inappropriate. (I mean the only message that is in your screenshot)

T2MAQHb.png

Samuel, I am romanian, I understand what they say, I refer to "<vulgarities removed> That is a swearing means <removed>. 

And another proof here <screenshot removed> Are you sure you want me to translate? I dont wanna get banned, you better use Google..

Thank you for help, Skatel, you told HIm not Her because I am a man. I reported that chat group for inapropriate. NOT for annoying me with their name, but for promoting their chat on my group and for swearing me.<screenshot removed>