Signature Contest.

choco

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, xatAzure said:

Just remember, quality not quantity ;)

100 quality entries. Everybody have his own style and all are of quality as long as they work on them. :$ 

• Award 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributors

I hope you, M00N and Kotufa have approval from the original designers to use their work here. They were already made by other people who are NOT on xat. 

So if you guys have proof that you have permissions to use those designs from the original designer and to put your name on top of their work, then send me a private message.

If you do not, then remove their work, or create new designs that YOU made and replace their work in your posts. Also, your entry will not be counted if either one of following I said is not met. 

• Advanced Members

Moon is new to graphics and contests.   Not arguing but you can find Henrys on google too.  In fact I googled and all the images can be found.  A few are cut out n placed on backgrounds.  I assume those ones qualify though.  

The only work I found to be original is Stofs..but not the images themselves.  Can you please explain what is acceptable and what is not so everyone can better understand.  Thanks.

tV7A4E4.png

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, Christina said:

Moon is new to graphics and contests.   Not arguing but you can find Henrys on google too.  In fact I googled and all the images can be found.  A few are cut out n placed on backgrounds.  I assume those ones qualify though.  

The only work I found to be original is Stofs..but not the images themselves.  Can you please explain what is acceptable and what is not so everyone can better understand.  Thanks.

tV7A4E4.png

There's a big difference between just adding text to an already created signature and calling it your own vs collaging different images, changing the colors, cutting stuff out and manipulating items.

Not to hard to understand. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Christina said:

tV7A4E4.png

I think it's obvious where the boundaries lie.

If you find:

neko_cute_kawaii_signature_by_nakajou-d3

On google and then remove the text below the image and and replace the Kawaii neko text...

8ID5ku8.png

Then, that is very obviously plagiarism. However, in Henry's case, he used a rendered image:

takanashi_rikka_render_by_candlehead99-d

And then incoperated it into his own design:

PR9dM7B.png

I'm not sure where the confusion comes in.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Henry said:

Most work on the contests section will contain images from google, to a certain extent which would be deemed acceptable for example, I would consider taking renders from google to be fine, whereas taking an entire image from google and simply adding a name or watermark to it would not be (without giving credit or getting permission from the creater).

If you look at the images I posted, you can clearly see the entire image is taken from someone else's work (I'll link their deviantart in a bit).

So it is acceptable for Henry to use right side of an image by removing 2nd character and add his name but not acceptable to use complete image?  Sorry not calling you out persay Henry.  Just trying to better understand.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
On 4/30/2016 at 2:11 AM, Christina said:

<3 Christina 

On 4/30/2016 at 2:35 AM, Henry said:

I don't think the entries should be disqualified, like I said in my first post; it should just be something to be noted, I'm no graphics expert myself but I think it's a lot of common sense and general judgements. I don't have the final decision but I appreciate your thoughts. I'll apologise for being abrasive and I really do appreciate you trying to understand, so thank you. (:

Staff can disqualified my first entries is not a problem :) but they should desqualified and your entries .. i ll post my entry now and i want see if again will say all this .. is same or if u use images or if you use renders 

On 4/30/2016 at 0:19 AM, Arthur said:

It's Choco, not Choko.

read all my post careful!! :)

• Contributors

No I won't be disqualifying Henry. His entries WILL be counted as he modified the image and changed the color and added some layers and C4Ds to his. 

You can see the difference between his image and from the original. Effort was put into it. 

However, M00N just ripped the whole image and added a text over it.