MelodyDona

chat box slowing down

Question

Hayy

I am main owner my ID is Melody55555 (203701793) and I am  opening this ticket for the chat box https://xat.com/RADIOO_MC becouse we have problems on our chat with chat slowing down when we are writing on the chat box, our chaters are not happy with that.We tried everrything to fix that problem with the pictures on the chat box, so you are our only solution to try ti fix the problem.

Our chat is compare to other chats from our country very much slower than thouse ones.

i hope you will try to fix our problem,  kind regards

Melody

4 answers to this question

Hi.

The main cause that causes a chat to be very slow is your computer, if your computer is not very good then the chat will be slower than normal, as before mentioned in your chat, you can try disable the CSS of your chat and macros disable the animations of the powers, I am sure that this will help you and your users to decrease the slowness of the same

$animate=off - Disables animated avatars.

$avatars=off - Hides avatars.

$blast=off - Disables blast animations.

$flix=off - Disables Flix animations.

$gback=off - Disables Gback.

$glitter=off - Hides the glitter effect on avatars.

$sanimate=off - Disables smiley animations.

$SetStatus=off - Hides user status messages.

Good luck.

Posted (edited)

For what I could observe is that you get lagged when certain users, using certain powers come into the chat and types. To prevent this you have the option to disable animated smilies writting the following on the chat $animate=off. Or you could also ask the person to remove the powers from their nick, or deactivate the power while they are on the chat.

(Ï'm the toon working with you, so I'll keep on checking this and probably adding more information).

I entered as both ingonito, and with my register, and I did not experience this problem. I've suggested you, and some of your friends to clear cookies and see how it goes, as well trying to remove some aspects of the CSS might help to reduce the lag that you are experiencing on your chat. You can also try with other browsers. 

Edited by Isa

Good afternoon,

The performance of running the chat box depends only of your computer. The current chat box was build under the flash player platform and, with the time, it can get slower due to the amount of objects that your computer need to load and run, so, depending on your computer performance, it can be slow. Something that might be helpful in decreasing your lag on xat are the macros, you can read more about it here.

The question or questions in this topic have been answered and an answer has been marked. This topic is now closed.

If you have any other questions, please open a new topic.