A way to tell if someone is using invisible power

HelperNate

• Advanced Members

Hey HelperNate
Is that what you mean? (already there is open topic)

If you do not talk about this, I'm sorry, My message topic is not valid.
Good luck with your idea (hug) 

• No 2

• Advanced Members
42 minutes ago, Bau said:

Hey HelperNate
Is that what you mean? (already there is open topic)

If you do not talk about this, I'm sorry, My message topic is not valid.
Good luck with your idea (hug) 

No @Bau, he is talking about something else.

Nathan, perhaps the invisible pawn that shows for the user using the power (it's semi-faded), could show to the others, alongside the 'hover status' as

3 hours ago, HelperNate said:

something like "On xat Invisible Owner" or "On xat Invisible Main Owner" as their rank title. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

The power is named "Invisible", not "Invisible to users below Owner".

The power has worked fine for years and the customers have been satisfied with it, there's no need to suddenly become pedantic and start changing classic powers.

• Award 1

• Wiki Editors
Just now, adam_ said:

The power has worked fine for years and the customers have been satisfied with it, there's no need to suddenly become pedantic and start changing classic powers.

I wouldn't say customers are completely satisfied with it. What Nathan and Charlie suggested could resolve a major flaw within the power that is for owners+ to be unable to distinguish whether or not an owner+ is using Invisible power, which can cause them to accidentally greet/interact to the user and make it obvious they're in the chat.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I think yes, this should be implemented but not added as a new power. It just can be added into Gcontrol like this:

mh45c7n.gif

When set to N/A, no one can see that they are invisible (default), when set to owner, owners can see others with the power on and same with Main Owner.

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Adeis said:

I think yes, this should be implemented but not added as a new power.

I'm sorry but that's not how xat works sir, it's gonna have to be a new power. (hippo)

Anyway, This would be a cool thing to add, as @Arthur said, it fixes a big flaw in which owners interact with invisible mains an vice versa. The whole purpose of invisible is to STAY invisible. Not knowing that another owner is invisible could give them away by simply you greeting them.

• Advanced Members

If I understand the original post correctly, you are stating that a owner with invisible can not be seen by another owner if he has invisible enabled? If that's the case, going based off the wiki's definition of the power... then the power is currently malfunctioning.

As per wiki definition of the power: 

"The Invisible power allows owners to hide from lower ranks (i.e. owners can see other invisible owners, but cannot see invisible main owners) and still be able to see the chat messages. The power automatically works while enabled. If you send a message or perform any action on the chat, your invisibility will be broken and users will be able to see you again. To become invisible again, sign out and back in."

So if the power is NOT functioning as described on wiki, then it just needs to be updated to work properly.

Just my two cents.

On 3/5/2018 at 8:15 AM, adam_ said:

Just a heads up, as per wiki definition: "The Invisible power allows owners to hide from lower ranks" soo it kind of was intended for it to be invisible to users below owner. not same rank.

@HelperNate Hope I understood your suggestion/ OP properly. I felt I was a little bit unclear.

• Advanced Members

@DannInvisible power only really "works" for users the owner/main is using it outranks. Say, an owner is using it, only owners and mains can see they are still visible. If a main owner is invisible, only other main owners can see it. My initial post is that there should be a way for owners/mains of equal/higher rank to see if the user using invisible is actually using it, as only the users that are lower-ranked cannot visibly see the user.

Edited by HelperNate
  • Award 2

• 6 months later...
  • Advanced Members
19 minutes ago, Seven said:

I can support this for owner+ but I can also see it being an issue. People have the power to hide from all users. This would defeat the purpose in my opinion. 50/50 on this.

@SevenI wasn't intending that everyone can hide from other users. Invisible power only works on owners and main owners and are invisible to users they outrank. This is merely a suggestion that equal / higher ranks have a way to tell that the user using invisible is using it instead of appearing like a regular user to the higher / equal ranks such as a slightly faded pawn and added word "Invisible" to rank title. That way, it can avoid confusion such as lower ranks seeing main owners greet another main owner / owner that is actually in the chat, but hidden to them.

28 minutes ago, Booh said:

http://prntscr.com/l64jjq > http://prntscr.com/l64k0y

the suggestion that I'm saying and writing even if I'm invisible knows when I write and stays online I could write even if I'm invisible

@BoohTo be clear, you are stating that if users use /away that can activate the invisible power? And also, that they can use this to write a message and appear visible for one moment, then they can go back to being invisible again?

Edited by HelperNate
Added more information