xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

xat.chat Blog

Sydno

• Advanced Members

Such a good interview @Sydno :$

Trust is hard and a funny thing. There are different levels of it. Chris always told me I was too trusting and to trust no one. Funny how that works. I have learned that you can’t trust people that you THINK you can. There are always ulterior motives.

Well said, @Christina. Kudos! 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

Surprisingly, I'm wary with trust as well. I do trust my parents to a certain degree though.... My trust is earned over a long period of time. If someone does something against me or something, they loose my trust. Being an introvert as well, this contributes a lot to be having an issue over trust. It just takes a long time for me to trust people. I have opened up after the past few years with trust, but I still have a long road away with it. I feel I need to open up more, but not too much.. 

Edit1: 

I found if I am too open with trust certain people can use that to an advantage. I trusted one of my old friends so much I told them my crushes' name. He then told his friend and then told my crush. I have never talked with him after that. He lost my trust completely and I will never trust him again. 

It's these incidents where I learned not to trust people too much. That's why like I said before I 'always have my defenses up.' Every day at school I have them up, even if I'm on a walk with my dog I have them up...

I do think I need to trust people more, but the crush incident has set me back a long time with trust. 

Ironically someone I truly trust is my dog.... I also trust a few more people who I do not wish to name. 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

One thing xat and Christina has taught me is that your can never fully trust someone on xat. This applies to the majority of users. Because you never know a persons true intentions until they show it. It sucks to hear but unfortunately it's true. The saying every man for himself really does apply to xat.

• Award 2