xat.chat Blog

Sydno

• Advanced Members

Not really sure how I feel about the interviews.

I didn't really find anything out from the two existing ones (maybe because I already know Brandon and Elie?) and there wasn't any special information really. Isn't that the point of an interview? To find out some interesting facts?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I actually would like to hear interviews from all volunteers and all chat managers on all xat ofc chats? Can you interview them? We're curious about them since most of them we don't see everyday.  :$

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, 6 said:

I actually would like to hear interviews from all volunteers and all chat managers on all xat ofc chats? Can you interview them? We're curious about them since most of them we don't see everyday.  :$

It would be cool to hear from chat managers and volunteers, but there should definitely be interviews with users from all the different ranks (contributor, wiki editor, etc) and (especially) users with no rank. I would like to see the different perspectives and these interviews could even be used as a tool for administrators to gain feedback from different groups on xat.

• Award 3
  • Like 1

• Volunteers

If the person is interesting, and the right questions are asked, then sure, why not? =)

I'd prefer unusual or unique users to be interviewed, those who have achieved something great on the site. People like Mike, Gary, 42, etc. If it's just regular users being interviewed, or regular chat staff, I may not be too interested. (Though I'm not discriminating against them!) But yes, keep doing them please! =)

• Award 2

Well i think interviews would be very interesting for know opinions and maybe some little secret :) but question is..will them want to be interview?!

• Advanced Members
24 minutes ago, Luca said:

Well i think interviews would be very interesting for know opinions and maybe some little secret :) but question is..will them want to be interview?!

He asks for permission first. When it comes to choosing who, I don't know.

• Award 1

• Wiki Translators
1 hour ago, Harrison said:

It would be cool to hear from chat managers and volunteers, but there should definitely be interviews with users from all the different ranks (contributor, wiki editor, etc) and (especially) users with no rank. I would like to see the different perspectives and these interviews could even be used as a tool for administrators to gain feedback from different groups on xat.

I like the idea, would be interesting to read it.

• Award 1

• Volunteers

I prefer to keep secret the way I chose the interviewee and the way I make the interviews, however if there is an interview, you can be sure the interviewee is okay with what is published! :) 

For the moment, as I don't plan to make 100 interviews per year, I'm going to pick "people who have achieved something great on the site" (as Crow said).

Every user has its opinion and each opinion is interesting but I guess a lot of users would like to know more about "popular" users.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I'm actually interested in where this is going. You guys (Stah, Flake, ect) probably already know everything about the current vols and editors but people like me who never even know elie was a guy until this article. I found this pretty interesting. It's nice knowing a bit about the vols, after all they are like our leaders. Maybe you can interview some ex vols, wiki editors ect. To add a different dimension.

I have a few questions you can add also:  

How did xat evolve since you first joined. Did it get better or worse?

If you ask a vol this this an obv better cause theyre not trying to get their vol status removed. But I'd be interested in a veteran with no rank answering this. I'd answer this but I'm not trying to get torched. 

Do you have any ideas you would like to see added to xat such as, website ideas xat.me ideas ect? 

Have you ever thought about quitting xat because it was getting to be too much. (Rank question) 

Were there times when a fellow vol was doing something and you wanted to speak up but you couldn't? 

Did you ever have beef with a vol, and if so, why did the beef happen and how did you get over it? If you even did.

Where do you think xat will be in a few years (I can answer this so well) 

Is xat going down the right path? 

What can 42 do differently?  

These are just a few questions. People really like to see hard hitting questions to get the juicy answers. Some of these questions may be a bit hard hitting but you're a reporter, you gotta get the juicy info! 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

Did you ever have beef with a vol, and if so, why did the beef happen and how did you get over it? If you even did.

I think this questions will be a bit too much for them to personally answer them. I'm curious too but there are some questions that should be left unanswered. :$

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
18 minutes ago, 6 said:

I think this questions will be a bit too much for them to personally answer them. I'm curious too but there are some questions that should be left unanswered. :$

I agree... the questions should be interesting and education but not cause drama, which is what that question will certainly do.

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Flake said:

Not to sound rude, but... I personally don't really care about the life of an xat user. But, that's just me, I guess? Oh well, have fun doing it.

You mean... you don't care about me?

Flake... I thought what we had was special.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
Spoiler
On 4/6/2016 at 2:40 PM, TinkerDoodle said:

How did xat evolve since you first joined. Did it get better or worse?

(As a site, didn't really change. As a community, changed for the worst.)

If you ask a vol this this an obv better cause theyre not trying to get their vol status removed. But I'd be interested in a veteran with no rank answering this. I'd answer this but I'm not trying to get torched. 

(Not true. Talking bad about xat won't do anything to you lol. We're also allowed to speak up about things we don't like.)

Do you have any ideas you would like to see added to xat such as, website ideas xat.me ideas ect? 

(Less CSS restrictions and clean up other things)

Have you ever thought about quitting xat because it was getting to be too much. (Rank question) 

(From a rank, no. As a whole? Yes. Due to some things... Not drama but just eh don't wanna say)

Were there times when a fellow vol was doing something and you wanted to speak up but you couldn't? 

(As a new volunteer, not yet)

(Brandon called me dumb but it was a joke we love each other. This answer isnt meant to be serious)

Where do you think xat will be in a few years

(Probably the same place it is now...)

Is xat going down the right path? 

(Um.. Idk. I've always known it as a chat box.)

What can 42 do differently?  

(Be active like he used to be ;( )

My answers are in parenthesis because I'm lazy. Can't believe you thought I was a guy though. >_> Also spelled my name wrong.

I don't think my answers are very interesting.

• Advanced Members
50 minutes ago, Elie said:

My answers are in parenthesis because I'm lazy. Can't believe you thought I was a guy though. >_> Also spelled my name wrong.

I don't think my answers are very interesting.

Fixed your name, sorry about the misspelling. 

When I first seen you on help your nc was so pretty and I always thought you were a female :'(. People always assume I'm a female too for some ungodly reason so I understand your struggle. 

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

I'm actually interested in where this is going. You guys (Stah, Flake, ect) probably already know everything about the current vols and editors but people like me who never even know elie was a guy until this article. I found this pretty interesting. It's nice knowing a bit about the vols, after all they are like our leaders. Maybe you can interview some ex vols, wiki editors ect. To add a different dimension.

I actually don't know too much about vols, I just don't really care. I feel the same way about celebrities - I don't understand the fascination people have with their lives.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

You mean... you don't care about me?

Flake... I thought what we had was special.

you're an exception xx

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Sydno said:

Don't do my job here pls :'( 

Thank you for the reaction and for the suggestion, I'll take that into account for the next interview! 

Mostly wanted to answer them to clarify we aren't puppets :$

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Sound familiar Tink?  Nice questions.

I like the idea TBH.  Not sure I really like it with volunteers as they represent xat and have to keep it in good light.  No offence :(  Just not sure we would get honest answers there.

But completely understand why they are interesting.

• Award 4