Advanced members

Solange

• Advanced Members

Hello,

I'm opening this thread to make a suggestion for the Advanced members group.

My suggestion is to give them a colour, i consider that they deserve a colour because the requirements to become one have changed(long time ago), a user needs a certain amount of posts and a certain amount of reputation to become an Advanced member(it's not easy as it once was, please correct me if i'm wrong). Also, some users asked for a colour to Advanced members.

You can read the full announcement below:

As recently as last week, the requirements to become an Advanced Member changed. Simply making posts will no longer get you to Advanced Member. You'll need a fair amount of posts and a fair amount of reputation. These aren't the only requirements, and the exact requirements are not disclosed. Reputation abuse is regularly monitored as well. In order to become an Advanced Member in a timely fashion, you will need to regularly contribute to the forum and make high quality posts.

Crow suggested a colour long time ago when all the colours were changed, you can see his suggestion below:

If they're given a color, I'd recommend the same dark blue from the forum header.

It's relatively neutral, and would fit the forum's color scheme nicely.

Thoughts?

• Award 3
  • Wow 1

• Volunteers
4 minutes ago, MisteR said:

I think the background color would be nice, #000044 this ??

I agree with @Crow

lBiXHIh.png

You've got a good memory, haha.

On 11/10/2017 at 5:04 PM, Crow said:

If they're given a color, I'd recommend the same dark blue from the forum header.

It's relatively neutral, and would fit the forum's color scheme nicely.

• Advanced Members

I think it's a good contribution @Solange , is to be grateful for people like you who care about making xat more dynamic, participatory and that generates a greater interest in users

9 hours ago, Maverick said:

Colorful forum here we come! 

I hope you see when it is already, it would also be a good idea to add an item store as in the SMF forums

• Volunteers

If there was a colour to be implemented, I think that it should atleast go to another member rank above Advanced Member such as Elite Member that would have much higher post/reputation requirements. This could also encourage more forum activity, and would likely be less people in general. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I do not think it's necessary to change the color, maybe adding Bold to the Advanced Members would be enough and the most appropriate.

eAz02TS-SQOjIv2cZo1Xbw.png

Edited by ANGY
  • Award 2
  • Wow 1

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Page said:

Nah, a lot of bad users could impersonate vols and contributors.

They could use colors with exceptions!

Less colors with posts in the forum only a few colors..

• Advanced Members

Well, the purpose of this suggestion is to change the colour of the Advanced members group to an specific colour. Personally, I don't think giving them the possibility of picking different colours would be a good idea, that would be a bit confusing.

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Solange said:

Well, the purpose of this suggestion is to change the colour of the Advanced members group to an specific colour. Personally, I don't think giving them the possibility of picking different colours would be a good idea, that would be a bit confusing.

It's true you're right. :(