Jump to content
Dann

Shortname prices.

Recommended Posts

As the title suggests, this post is regarding Shortname prices.

 

I am not sure if the price increase on Shortnames is relative to anything(I've heard google searches and other things) but It seems that the prices have skyrocketed within the last year or two.

 

I am not talking about a 10% increase or even 20 or 30. I'm talking about in the 100s. The ID I currently have "danns" I used to purchase at around 6/7k. now I just recently paid 15k.

 

I do not understand how these shortnames have come to be so much xats. There should be something limiting the amount of increase there is to these shortnames.

 

Most 4 letter shortnames go UPWARDS of 30k. And 5 letter shortnames are within the 20-30k range. (estimating based on several shortnames I looked through)

 

If we put this into terms of real life currency, the store price of a shortname that costs 30k xats would be $100USD. To me $100 for a shortname seems VERY hefty. And these are the starting prices on 4 letter shortnames, Ive seen some for a bit lower, but in the other hand I've seen some reach well over 50k xats.

 

Maybe this is something that contributors can look into.

How do you guys feel about these prices?

 

@Admin

 

  • Award 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an era of xat where power prices and ID prices are at an all-time low. 

 

It's kinda nice having something that's still expensive and still holds value. But you make a fair point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Crow said:

This is an era of xat where power prices and ID prices are at an all-time low. 

 

It's kinda nice having something that's still expensive and still holds value. But you make a fair point. 

I understand where you are coming from.

 

I dealt with IDs for various years and understand how it feels when the prices plummet. The difference between Ids/powers and shortnames is that currently the price of ids/powers are relative to popularity and overall activity on xat. Shortnames are NOT.

 

Once xat recoups its activity, I am more than sure that the powers and IDs will also recoup in price. Mark my words.

 

With that being said, I would agree with a shortname system that is also based on popularity. (eg. the more 4 letter shortnames being used, the higher the price gets, and vice versa.) This would assist to give a better perspective on the rarity of a 4 letter shortname. This of course, is opposed to the current system.

 

But I don't see any real reason AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME for these shortnames to be so expensive.

 

Just my two cents. 

@Crow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As one of the users that owns a lot of shortnames, I know that some of the shortnames are based on popularity but I also wonder how most of the shortnames are too expensive, even a 6-letter shortname costs more than 15k.

 

The last time I checked a shortname was around 20k+ and it decreased now to around 2.3% but it's still expensive for a 6-letter shortname and not really a common or popular name for a person.

 

 

Edited by 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. Shortnames were more valueable when they meant you had a higher position in the userlist and all you had to do was buy topman and purple. It's better to save for Ruby or EP now because they'll put you higher reguardless. I don't understand why they went up when the value went down but they clearly did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2018 at 12:22 PM, Dann said:

As the title suggests, this post is regarding Shortname prices.

 

I am not sure if the price increase on Shortnames is relative to anything(I've heard google searches and other things) but It seems that the prices have skyrocketed within the last year or two.

 

I am not talking about a 10% increase or even 20 or 30. I'm talking about in the 100s. The ID I currently have "danns" I used to purchase at around 6/7k. now I just recently paid 15k.

 

I do not understand how these shortnames have come to be so much xats. There should be something limiting the amount of increase there is to these shortnames.

 

Most 4 letter shortnames go UPWARDS of 30k. And 5 letter shortnames are within the 20-30k range. (estimating based on several shortnames I looked through)

 

If we put this into terms of real life currency, the store price of a shortname that costs 30k xats would be $100USD. To me $100 for a shortname seems VERY hefty. And these are the starting prices on 4 letter shortnames, Ive seen some for a bit lower, but in the other hand I've seen some reach well over 50k xats.

 

Maybe this is something that contributors can look into.

How do you guys feel about these prices?

 

@Admin

 

 

prices are determined by google searches

 

its automatic

Edited by Cryo
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I wish I could buy a short name, but it's very expensive. so the purchase of shortnames by users is low because they are very expensive. should lower the price so that more users can get it at a fair price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course no one will like to pay 20k+ for a short name. I think xat should make some kind of discount for short names when some holiday comes along, maybe like 15% off of them for like a day.

 

(we know they love to discount promo, why not short names for a while?)

Edited by Adeis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only possible suggestion with the topic of the shortnames is the sale of the short letters of 3 letters,

I think it would be a good idea and I'm looking forward to that day, so that the trade remains positive,

many people would spend their xats in a 3 letter shortname.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cambio said:

I think the only possible suggestion with the topic of the shortnames is the sale of the short letters of 3 letters

 

Please no :'(. They should remain as a reward from xat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Adeis said:

 

Please no :'(. They should remain as a reward from xat.

 

And what about people like me who have a three-letter name, I would like to be able to buy the short name Noe and wear my name
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.