Pool Boot (kick user to another pool)

Actavus

• Advanced Members

Could this be an addition to boot? Or an addition to barge? 

Additionally, how many chats actually develop enough pools to make use out of something like this? This is why I feel it’d be better suited as an addition as opposed to a power.

Logistics would need to be worked out as well. For example, a regular kick leaves a temporary gag and takes away any temporary ranks. Would this do the same? 

• Wow 1

• Bot Service Providers
1 minute ago, Angelo said:

Additionally, how many chats actually develop enough pools to make use out of something like this? This is why I feel it’d be better suited as an addition as opposed to a power.

Logistics would need to be worked out as well. For example, a regular kick leaves a temporary gag and takes away any temporary ranks. Would this do the same? 

A chat doesnt have to be popular to have pools.
It's kind of like if you had:
1) Main Pool
2) AFK Pool
3) Hangout Pool
4) Ban Pool

This would be a new power.
Equivalent to boot (where it just moves the user -- does not gag/or punish).
Basically instead of moving a user to another chat, it moves a user to just a different pool

Reason this would be useful, is on bots the "kick AFK user"

Instead of punishing the user, you just throw them into the AFK pool (automatically using the bots)

• Award 1
  • Thanks 1

• Bot Service Providers
23 hours ago, Angelo said:

I don't think it should be an addition to boot at all. Boot is for booting to a different chat. Shouldn't have to pay 3k+ xats for an additional tool to moderate your chatroom. 

It wouldn't really fit well into barge either, as nobody is entering the pool in place of the user booted to another pool, and gagging an afk person is a little comical.  

xat is a great social networking tool. Go to the xats homepage and change your language to a few of the different languages. Check promoted, and xats popular page for those languages. Also include the consideration of chats that aren't listed, the number of chats that get more than one pool varies location to location globally. 

23 hours ago, Solange said:

As you've mentioned, it would be very useful when someone wants to kick other person to the staff/AFK pool.

Personally, i'd use it.

I'd imagine that numerous chats would want to use this power. It could help chats that have staff meetings and would like to have everyone go to the staff pool, but theres one lone ranger who had to use the bathroom or something. Instead of waiting, boop em to the meeting where they can scroll and see history of what they've missed. 

Bots could take advantage of this additional tool as an alternative to kicking/banning for afk. 

@Brandon @Cupim , What do you guys think? Can you think of any situations where you could use this for help / ajuda? 

@Angelo's comment about logistics would also include events. I do not believe this action would need to be included in events or graphs. 

8 hours ago, Actavus said:

It doesn't need all the bells and whistles as the post above from Samuel.

Agreed, could be compared to boot when it comes to this. It just moves you from one pool to another, as you usually would; only someone does it for you . 

If @Admin does decide to implement this, then it should be treated the same as boot, where "it can be taken away from you for abuse" , and/or an automatic time period between allowed between boops (similar to that of using and disabling protect /p) 

Edited by Nathan
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members

I can't imagine this being useful to any degree that would justify its existence.

What seems to be going on is that Pool Boot is being suggested in order to solve one or more problems, but Pool Boot is a bad power for what it's trying to solve. If there are inactive users, perhaps a better idea is to have activity time limits built into the chat, with related settings that can be modified with Gcontrol.

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
35 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I can't imagine this being useful to any degree that would justify its existence.

What seems to be going on is that Pool Boot is being suggested in order to solve one or more problems, but Pool Boot is a bad power for what it's trying to solve. If there are inactive users, perhaps a better idea is to have activity time limits built into the chat, with related settings that can be modified with Gcontrol.

@Brandon Good idea tbh, the idea of creating an addition to group control where you're able to change the time it takes for xat to automatically sign you out from a chatroom for not saying anything for a while wo.uld be a lot smoother and easier to implement.

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

The feature you do suggest has limitations though.
With a bot, you can specify multiple levels & ranks to determine who falls under the criteria to boop for being afk.

With a activity time based limit, your only limited to ranks & being fully logged out.
Also with my suggestion you would still be online on xat within a different pool. (Open to be actively receiving PC/PMs and users knowing you'd eventually respond).

Just like Nathan also mentioned above, say you want to "boop" all staff to a different pool for a meeting. That is also very handy

Both your idea and the boop are both ideas nonetheless :)

Edited by Actavus
  • Like 1