Connection Problem

Spiderhog6

Question

• Members

Hello i am receiving a connection problem when i attempt to connect to a xat chat box the exact message is "Connection Problem. You could try to start the chat again, sorry. (AT)" i attempt to connect again and get the same error message across chrome, firefox, and internet explorer. I have also cleared cookie to try and fix it but it still persists. 

6 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

After checking out the site you're trying to connect to, It looks like there's an outdated embed code of the chat box which causes the connection issues for you.

If you're the of the owner of the site/chatbox, could you click at "Edit your Chat" button -> then "Extra Features", and re-embed the code which is on that site:

Du2Cgg.png

If you're not the main owner, you may want to contact one. 

EDIT: Until the main owner is able to resolve this issue, your best bet will be to access the xat chat directly through xat.com, as opposed to through any external websites. 

Let me know if that helped, if not I'll try to assist you further.

• Wiki Editors

Backstory:

• The user contacted me about this problem and mentioned they were attempting to access a chat embedded on a website. LaFleur inspected the site and determined that the embed code for the chat in question was indeed outdated.
  • Also, as per our private conversation, they have indicated that they are not the administrator of said site.

Since the original issue of being unable to connect to a particular chat has been resolved, I will now close this topic and mark an appropriate response. The steps LaFleur has mentioned should eliminate the need to access the chat using a direct link. If the manager of the site needs further guidance, you may direct them to me and I will gladly assist them on the matter.

For entirely new, distinct xat-related inquiries, feel free to start a thread in this section.