xat live records database/tracker

Echo

• Advanced Members

How many users own everypower

The most interactive chat (time intervals; in a week, month, year) [excluding trade chat for obvious reasons]

The oldest active users list (Would be interesting theoretically but a lot of users buy new IDs)

Power of the week/month (Most bought power in store and trade combined) [excluding the most recent power for obvious reasons]

Edited by Sean
  • Award 1
  • Cool 2

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, CarlosDesigns said:

Some of these stats would be useful to use if xat had a front/home page that looked like xatbot's.

DLs9Wk3WS5OIlOCtGFEVuQ.png

This wouldn't be too bad of an idea. However I feel like it should be a slideshow; alternating between the popular chat page, a stats page, and a promoted chat page, rather than having everything cluttered all together. Would look sleeker, vibrant and just more fresh. Less intimidating for new users as well. I think there should be management that focuses on these types of things. We always blame admins for neglecting certain aspects of the website experience but it may just be too much of a load for them to tackle all at once. To our knowledge, there is only two active ones. (Chris and Darren) We have never questioned or entertained the thought of adding more administrators with specialized tasks. It would be more efficient. Anyways, that is a complex conversation to have. To stay on topic, there should be an administrator that is primarily focused on visual aspects, coloring and typography of the page. (Snapchat, instagram, and facebook have teams for this purpose and so you see the layers change every now and then) 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
19 hours ago, Sean said:

This wouldn't be too bad of an idea. However I feel like it should be a slideshow; alternating between the popular chat page, a stats page, and a promoted chat page, rather than having everything cluttered all together. Would look sleeker, vibrant and just more fresh. Less intimidating for new users as well. I think there should be management that focuses on these types of things. We always blame admins for neglecting certain aspects of the website experience but it may just be too much of a load for them to tackle all at once. To our knowledge, there is only two active ones. (Chris and Darren) We have never questioned or entertained the thought of adding more administrators with specialized tasks. It would be more efficient. Anyways, that is a complex conversation to have. To stay on topic, there should be an administrator that is primarily focused on visual aspects, coloring and typography of the page. (Snapchat, instagram, and facebook have teams for this purpose and so you see the layers change every now and then) 

It would be more efficient to add more Admins (even one), but if it was going to ever happen it would've when xat was in it's prime and when it was actually necessary to have more than two people running the website.

But they didn't then, and they definitely won't now.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
54 minutes ago, Cryo said:

It would be more efficient to add more Admins (even one), but if it was going to ever happen it would've when xat was in it's prime and when it was actually necessary to have more than two people running the website.

But they didn't then, and they definitely won't now.

The peak of user activity was the upsurge of online gaming culture; from several communities such as Club Penguin, Runescape, and then some.

It was the “coolest” platform for them to communicate on at the time. It was more pleasing to the eye than aim or yahoo messenger, for example. It just so happened that xat offered more than just communication which has prolonged their use of the website so we still see most of those users online today, including myself.

I don’t think looking at it as “it was better with 2 admins then so why change now” is a productive approach because times have changed. If we want xat to grow heathfully we have to look at different angles and test things out to see what will advance. The goal is working towards efficiency which is my magic word for this post. Most businesses have thrived on that alone. Everything else falls into place.

(I don’t want anyone to reply to this post, it was just a response to Cryo. If anyone else wants to speak on this topic you can find me at Help or send me a direct message. I don’t want to derail the purpose of this thread out of respect for Echo, thank you)

Edited by Sean