TIME - CLOCK power

Dann

• Bot Service Providers

i think we also need something to identify the time.

E.g: (clock#wgmt2) or (clock#wutc)

And what about digital/normal(I don't remember the other name)?

And instead of showing "xat" on the background it will shows e.g UTC or GMT 3 etc...

Another thing that can be added is countdown or something like, it could be used for contests, when the time will stop etc if yes the clock will ring like a alarm.

• Advanced Members

You skipped work for THOSE animations? 

Just kidding, aha. I think this would be a cool way to let people know what timezone you have. However, I’m really not a fan of the old style “alarm” clock, so yes hopefully there would be different backs, etc. 

• Advanced Members

Thanks for the response,

3 minutes ago, Laming said:

i think we also need something to identify the time.

Definitely there will need to be and internal a way to differentiate the timezones. (cupim stated something along the same lines (clock#wgmt) )

4 minutes ago, Laming said:

And what about digital/normal(I don't remember the other name)?

I stated this here:

29 minutes ago, Dann said:

and different types of clocks. (digital alarm clocks, hand clocks, etc etc.

I believe there are digital/analog are the different names. 

6 minutes ago, Laming said:

And instead of showing "xat" on the background it will shows e.g UTC or GMT 3 etc...

THIS is a great idea! I had originally was going to put this into the image and post. but I totally forgot about it. It would be nice to add the timezone somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Laming said:

Another thing that can be added is countdown or something like, it could be used for contests, when the time will stop etc if yes the clock will ring like a alarm.

I think there is already a countdown power. (count) I don't think they would want to take purpose away from that power. BUT MAYBE it can be incorporated with one another (eg. to be able to do countdown on clock, you need (count) power as well.)

I will be adding your suggestion to the OP @laming

3 minutes ago, Angelo said:

You skipped work for THOSE animations? 

NO COMMENT.   (toj) @Angelo

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Page said:

It's an excellent idea but would the clock be visible in the main xat as BG or would it be on the PC?  (hmm)

The clock would work as a smiley on the chat. eg. (clock#wgmt) would should a smiley with the current GMT time. etc etc.

@Page

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Page said:

Oh, it's cool but  the clock smiley apparently must be big in this case?

Well, Not necessarily as you can have a hover over feature that shows the time, or anything along the lines. Idk how hard it would be to tell the time on the smiley, but it would definitely need to be clear and legible. @Page

• Contributors
1 minute ago, Dann said:

Well, Not necessarily as you can have a hover over feature that shows the time, or anything along the lines. Idk how hard it would be to tell the time on the smiley, but it would definitely need to be clear and legible. @Page

I understand, thank you for clarifying my doubts and again, you had a great idea. 

• Advanced Members

My first thought about this is if you can actually set an alarm clock with ringtone sound using this power, something you can use when new power is soon to be released.

Edited by 6
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members
On 1/26/2018 at 3:35 PM, 6 said:

My first thought about this is if you can actually set an alarm clock with ringtone sound using this power, something you can use when new power is soon to be released.

@6

I was trying to stay away from anything to do with alarms or countdowns due to the fact that there's already a (count) power. NOW with that being said... if it can be incorporated where if you have the (count) power, it would allow you to do certain things if you have both, I think that would be a great idea.

I see why this power would remind you about alarms, but that is not the idea I brought forward as a whole, that would probably be an (alarm) power as this power is more related to displaying your current time as a clock/watch would.

thanks for the input!

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

genuine question, why is this power necessary? 

Easy, Just for funny, Smilies, I think this power can be flix (power Group)« O yes!
Why not!

I like your suggestion! xD

• Advanced Members

I like this suggestion, i think it's a good idea for a power.

On 26/1/2018 at 11:45 AM, Dann said:

Let me know what you guys think and I'll add it on to here if the idea fits the suggestion!

On 26/1/2018 at 3:35 PM, 6 said:

I was thinking that they can make a new kiss for this power. I mean, maybe the power could have an option to show a kiss automatically when the new power gets released every week.

The power must be a group power to be able to do what i suggested.

The kiss can consist on a clock appearing on the chat and showing a message like "New power on store now!".

• Advanced Members
15 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

genuine question, why is this power necessary? 

Genuine answer: can you tell me any power that is NECESSARY on xat? I think as long as a power serves a purpose (in this case displaying your timezone, often times people ask what time it is for an individual user) then it should be fine. Hey, at least it serves a function and it is not just another baseless smiley power. Maybe it would not server a purpose for you, but I'm pretty sure it will for others.

@TinkerDoodle

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, Dann said:

thanks for the input!

Now that I think through what I just said, I believe that a hug or a kiss is the best option relating to your idea, but there could be something more added on to it. This could be something implemented in HTML5, if they ever had a notification system in the the chat page itself. The way it would work is that you can set a reminder in the settings area or with a / command. When the time is due, you would get a notification, either in the notif section on the chat, or through push notifications on your phone if you have the app. The notification on browser can be like an alarm clock, or some sort of notification sound. I believe the most logical thing to do in case the notification goes to your phone is that it will trigger your phone's default notification sound.