Temporary Volunteer System

Distinct

• Advanced Members

I've given this idea some thought and I think it could work well on xat. I'm tired of seeing Admin promote users to volunteer only for them to resign two months later and never return. To start off with this idea, I feel that a poll should be created by xat staff to pick out volunteers based on users that perform and behave well in official chats. These users must be very dedicated to xat and willing to give up their time to help xat in order for this idea to work.

After a poll has been created by xat staff, regular users will be asked to vote who they think should be temporary volunteer. Of course malicious users that are known for causing problems on xat won't be able to participate in this democracy. I really think this would be a great idea as instead of promoting random users to be volunteer by the admins, regular users of xat can decide for themselves who should become the new permanent volunteer.

If the user performs well during his or her time as temporary volunteer it should be decided by xat staff whether they'll become new volunteers.

I think having more dedicated users as volunteers that know a lot about xat would be a better ideal option for the customer support system.

I know we have plenty of volunteers already, but most of them resign from their positions in a month or two later. I think when a user becomes a volunteer, they should at least serve xat for a year before they can resign.

This can help get tickets done a lot quicker and will decrease debates that simply insult the xat service.

Let me know what you guys think!

• Award 3
  • No 1

• Advanced Members

xat does need more dedicated volunteers to actually do their duty on xat. A poll for considerable users to be temporary volunteer sounds good, but how will xat staff know who to add?

15 hours ago, Encrypt said:

I know we have plenty of volunteers already, but most of them resign from their positions in a month or two later. I think when a user becomes a volunteer, they should at least serve xat for a year before they can resign.

I think the user should have a good background and history on xat for at least 6 months to a year too before being considered for tempvol.

After a poll has been created by xat staff, regular users will be asked to vote who they think should be temporary volunteer. Of course malicious users that are known for causing problems on xat won't be able to participate in this democracy. I really think this would be a great idea as instead of promoting random users to be volunteer by the admins, regular users of xat can decide for themselves who should become the new permanent volunteer.

I also find it a smart decision for normal users to vote for considerable volunteers, but I wonder how xat would plan to block malicious users from voting.

If the user performs well during his or her time as temporary volunteer it should be decided by xat staff whether they'll become new volunteers.

I think having more dedicated users as volunteers that know a lot about xat would be a better ideal option for the customer support system.

This can help get tickets done a lot quicker and will decrease debates that simply insult the xat service.

Yes, the most considerable volunteers I see are users who have a good background/history with xat and behave well in officials as well as being professional and assisting/engaging with users to the best of their knowledge and ability. And let's not forget about the forum. In addition to those requirements, the considerable user should have a fair amount of meaningful posts and reputation.

• Advanced Members

Can you name a volunteer that has resigned the position in a month or two? I can't recall any (maybe I missed them due to how quickly they resigned).

I've given this idea some thought and I think it could work well on xat. I'm tired of seeing Admin promote users to volunteer only for them to resign two months later and never return. To start off with this idea, I feel that a poll should be created by xat staff to pick out volunteers based on users that perform and behave well in official chats. These users must be very dedicated to xat and willing to give up their time to help xat in order for this idea to work.

I think the issue with this paragraph would be this clause: 

a poll should be created by xat staff to pick out volunteers based on users that perform and behave well in official chats

xat does not have the 'time' to do something as simple as answer users questions. I doubt they will have the time to sit there and study user performance and behavior on official chats. Hence why the current system is in place. It is pretty much left for other vols to decide who is fit to endure the position.

regular users will be asked to vote who they think should be temporary volunteer

Based on past experience, I think users picking other users would turn into a popularity contest. (EG. "hey timmy, please go vote for me to become a temp vol")

Most of the delays are pretty much in areas that require user knowledge and experience of the system. (the higher tiers). these are trusted users that handle sensitive account information, so I do not think temporary volunteers would be a step forward in allowing tickets to get done quicker, UNTIL xat decides to promote some of the current volunteers to the higher tiers.

I think your idea is not a bad idea... I just feel like it may need more thought and time and some factors may need to be modified.

Keep up the good suggestions!

Edited by Dann