Separate tabs for friends

Airtime

• Members

My suggestion is for xat to put up two separate tabs under friends named as close friends and acquaintances.

Close friends are for the people you would always like to talk with. Acquaintances would be for people you would like to talk again with. This way you would get to know others better and then decide whether to make them your close friend or not.

What are your thoughts on this? Would it be great to have this feature or nah?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I don't think I would want to label who my friends are or not. I think it could suffice with me memorizing who is a true friend and who isn't. This would also only work if you have a large friends list, then in that cause you can just add people you wish to talk to later. But as a person who likes to keep their friends list small, I think this is unnecessary. What we have is enough.

• Advanced Members

Hi @Airtime! You can use images that give an idea of what you are suggesting so it will be easier to understand.

Although from what I understood, this would be the same current function, only that they would be divided into categories and I do not think it is necessary.

• Moderators

Could do it using the browser cookies, avoiding the needing of storing this on the xat's database.

We could have tools to create the tabs or even using macros to create those tabs.

(Macros would be easier to save the tabs once we just would have to copy the code and save on a notepad to apply it in another computer in case cookies need a reset).

Then, the rest who are not on the macros could be on a tab called "Others" or something like that.

• Members

@LaFleur  That could be done and trust me users on xat would love this if it gets implemented. It would be preferrable if it isn't a power. The main motive is for people, even the unsubscribers, to like the new features of xat! :)

@CarlosDesigns It's just a suggestion which I think would do only good to xat. People won't think that it is "not needed" as the friends will only be categorised. The ones who wouldn't want it still would have an option to not use it. Everyone has their own categories of friends irl (the ones they like to hang out with more, the ones they like to have intelligent conversations with and so on) and according to me doing it virtually won't do any harm too.

Edited by Airtime

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Airtime said:

@LaFleur  That could be done and trust me users on xat would love this if it gets implemented. It would be preferrable if it isn't a power. The main motive is for people, even the unsubscribers, to like the new features of xat! :)

That's right, it shouldn't be a power preferably.

I'll forward the idea of friend categories for html5.

• Award 1

• Members
23 hours ago, LaFleur said:

Maybe this is something you would be able to do here anyway? Like simply create a "Close friends" category. 

This is something we could have for html5 though.

That sounds like a good idea, but to organize friends' classifications there may be better modifications. Maybe the standard pool bars that separate the rooms can be replaced by something less flashy?