Replace auth code with 2nd Step Auth

Distinct

• Advanced Members

Many websites use this feature. It is easier than auth because if you clear your history, your account will be locked for a long time until volunteers help you recover it. I think with this feature all you'd have to do is type in your phone number, and it'll send you a code to your phone in order to login instead.

Even if you have cleared your cache, this will still work. All you'll need is your phone.

if you have lost your phone or it was stolen, the feature will give you a recovery key which you should keep in a safe place. This key will allow you to turn off this feature so you can login safely.

Do you think this should replace our current authenticator option? Why or why not?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

They’re virtually the same thing if you use your phone for the authenticator over using, say, Google Chrome (which is what I would recommend).

You can download the “Google Authenticator” app and always have it ready on your phone, not to mention you’re also given a longer code to keep incase you lose your phone or code, once you enabled the authentication.

It’s not the end of the world if you lose your code either; the Lost auth department isn’t backed up at all and should be a breeze for the original account creator.

With that said, I believe the current system works as intended.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Yes Lost The authentication code Only Send ticket In the "Lost Auth" section and the department will take care of fixing the problem

A recommendation that I give you is for the next guard in a photo the bar code

Edited by jose1

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, Kyle said:

They’re virtually the same thing if you use your phone for the authenticator over using, say, Google Chrome (which is what I would recommend).

You can download the “Google Authenticator” app and always have it ready on your phone, not to mention you’re also given a longer code to keep incase you lose your phone or code, once you enabled the authentication.

It’s not the end of the world if you lose your code either; the Lost auth department isn’t backed up at all and should be a breeze for the original account creator.

With that said, I believe the current system works as intended.

But with this feature, ticket system won't be as spammed much anymore with the same topic.

Apple uses this security feature on most of their websites, and I think it is easier than xat's auth feature.

I mean why should a user download an app every time just to make their account more secure?

I think this feature I suggested would be more reliable and convienent.