Report system?

Blacky

• Wiki Translators

I have been looking at the profiles of some users, looking for a method to report the profiles. It would be ideal enough to have this ability installed in the forum, nowadays, only we can report the answers or topics of the forum. 

If we enable this method in the profile, it might be useful.

For example:

If a user, has the logo of xat in his profile, it is not allowed. (The Guidelines says: You may not use the xat logo or other xat branding materials in your avatar, signature, or cover photo).

So, it would be easier to enter his profile and reportInstead of filling private messages to the moderators and volunteers.

Just a suggestion!

Discuss?

• Award 2
  • Cool 1

• Advanced Members

Hello dear Blacky, Your idea is good, But - For these reasons the forum has moderators. (make sure that this does not happen) - (take care of this forum, do not sleep). (hippo)(sman)
* To report to their profile or to report directly to a staff forum, is almost the same.
* This already exists, brandon or administrator must add this option. (only if he wants).
* It's a good idea, but I think it's better to have a club, or a private theme with the password to each user, and only the selected user sees that topic. (this option exists, only need to be added if he wants it).
* Two people as a moderator to this forum is a little, need 3 -5 because every day there are 2 to 5 people registered, maybe 50 users or more per week.
I do not think moderators know what profile has all new or old users! 90% of the users do not even know they exist! (I'm sure of this).

The final result is: your idea can only be applied if the forum administrator wants it.
I support this idea why not! (It's for good at the fórum).

• Bot Service Providers

I really agree with your suggestion, and I think it would be good if IPS take it.

When you have a forum and one of your users want to report someone? they will need to contact mods, helpers or any other higher rank? this is ok but sometimes its annoying...

So, yes; if we have the option it will be a great improvement, I have never did it to IPS plataform, but already for SMF and phpBB. It's easy to make specially IPS that has the developer area.

I agree with your suggestion.

(maybe i'll do it later for testing only)

Edited by Laming

• Advanced Members

Irregularities that arise from users of this forum can be reported to a moderator. In the same way that you report a topic that goes against the guidelines, you might be doing it with a user who may be causing problems. I don't say it would be a bad idea, just see many cons.

Creating an account here's not a difficult task given the latest events, users who like to cause drama can easily abuse this particular option. Preferably, this should continue as it is. It's harder for you to find a user that goes against the guidelines than one that actually does it just to abuse.

• Advanced Members

I support this idea under the basis that certain members would prefer to stay anonymous. If you're able to report a profile with anonymity I support the idea. If it is just another way to report someone, as previous users have stated, it seems it would be obsolete as you can just directly report it to one of the forum moderators or volunteers.

overall, good idea.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
19 minutes ago, Dann said:

I support this idea under the basis that certain members would prefer to stay anonymous. If you're able to report a profile with anonymity I support the idea.

Trolls would start spamming anonymous reports. Unless we can still somehow identify/punish them.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Crow said:

Trolls would start spamming anonymous reports. Unless we can still somehow identify/punish them.

That is a great point, I would guess for spamming purposes you should be able to track back the user. BUT THEN, it seems that would be too much to do for a reporting system when you can simply message a moderator.

With that being stated, I see no need for something of sorts. Although, It would be a nice feature for moderators to be able to handle all their reports within a centralized section and organized. But at the moment, I do not see it as priority opposed to all the other changes that need to be made. @Crow

• Volunteers
20 minutes ago, Dann said:

Although, It would be a nice feature for moderators to be able to handle all their reports within a centralized section and organized. But at the moment, I do not see it as priority opposed to all the other changes that need to be made. @Crow

Agreed. That's why I recently requested a private topic for reporting reputation abusers, ban evaders, and issues that can't be handled straight away. It's better than having a mish-mash of separate topics like we do now. (It hasn't been created yet).

Profile reports should only take a minute to handle though (including messaging the user). So they might not even need a dedicated system.

• Advanced Members

You can always report one of the offending user’s posts and state in the report that it’s their profile that’s in violation of the rules, or any random post for that matter. That way it’ll be handled as a normal report and there’s no need to contact every forum staff member in order to get a reply. 

Reporting a pofile is definitely a feature that should be suggested to IPS and it’s not something that can be done on xat’s side (with ease). 

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 1