Languages of staff

HelperNate

• Advanced Members

I have an idea for what to add as a new section on staff list. You know how there are sections "Name" "xat ID" and "Rank?" I think it is a good idea to add a section called "Languages" between "xat ID" and "Rank."

I've seen on Game and Assistance room staff lists the other languages people speak besides English. Since we use English to communicate with staff, I think it would also be a good idea to list the other languages that they speak besides English. For example, if you also speak Spanish, then "Spanish" would be listed next to your name in "Languages." Or if you speak multiple languages such as "Turkish, German, Italian" etc. all languages should be listed next to the staff member's name.

• Award 1

• Volunteers

Chat used to do that in the past but this isn't really relevant in my opinion. The flags give a first idea and whether a user speaks 0 or 3 other languages doesn't matter a lot. Speaking languages isn't a criterion when it comes to picking staff, even if we're an International staff. I would rather have someone mature who only speak English (and who's able to use the translator) than someone immature who speaks 5 languages.

Thanks for the suggestion! It shows your dedication : )

• Award 2

• Members
5 hours ago, Sydno said:

I would rather have someone mature who only speak English (and who's able to use the translator)

Wow, that sounds like Nathan.

5 hours ago, Sydno said:

than someone immature who speaks 5 languages.

Wow, that sounds like @Shizuo  :$ 

I kinda agree with Sydno on this one, but I find it really bizarre that the only monolingual moderator suggested this. xP 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

The only thing i find this useful is when moderating on some chats, you'll be able to ask certain staffs when you needed help with some words to be translated specially if the user said something inappropriate in another language, other than that I agree with Sydno. 

Edited by 6
  • Award 1

• Members

I could agree with @HelperNate!
Even I'm not a part of staff, I think it's a good idea, if the users have any issues  they know with who they can talk. (even it's said that we're there usually for fun, but I saw cases from people who really needed help in their language).

I don't think it's essential, but would be nice to see.

Flag shows only the nationality and probably 1st language of every moderator/owner, but as far as I could see there are a lot of them who knows more than two languages.

In the end, it's up to Sydno, but you should think about it once again (cute)

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.