Multi BG (Group Power)

Distinct

• Advanced Members

Ever tired of seeing the same old background on your chat?

With this power, it will function as shuffle but changes your chat BG (background) instead.

For example, every minute or so the power will switch to a new BG you have chosen in the settings.

It will also be displayed as sort of a slideshow. You should be able to switch from 5-10 BGs at a time.

Of course Admin can make it so users can switch unlimited BGs. I think this power would be helpful.

This power could help you avoid the hassle of creating CSS which slows down your chat, whilst maintaining your chat style intact.

What does everyone think of this suggestion?

Edited by Encrypt
Included more information and fixed grammar errors.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Arthur said:

Good idea. But can we have an option to make it shuffle every time you refresh the chat rather than every x minutes?

That's why I said it could function as shuffle power. But it depends on the Admin.

Thanks for liking my idea!

• Advanced Members

I don't like this idea. I believe that a singular design is simple, not messy, and makes a chat easier to identify. Alternating chat backgrounds can result in possible confusion due to the constantly switched backgrounds. There would also need to be a workaround so alternating chat backgrounds can match the page background. Take for example a company. If they completely change something like their logo, it would make it harder for people to recognize that brand at first sight.

• Advanced Members

So this is like pcbr but for chats?

I don't like it. Usually a chat combines their chat background with the outer background, if the chat background changes every so minutes, shouldn't the outer be changed too? I think that would be a pain to do.

Edited by Adeis
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
17 hours ago, Adeis said:

So this is like pcbr but for chats?

I don't like it. Usually a chat combines their chat background with the outer background, if the chat background changes every so minutes, shouldn't the outer be changed too? I think that would be a pain to do.

Wow, I didn't even know xat created pcbr. But it does sure seem similar to the power.

To my knowledge, not many people care that much about outer backgrounds.

All you'll have to do anyways is re-color the inner background to match the outer. Should take you a second to do so.

I don't see how that could be a problem. From my own experience, most users demand for multiple backgrounds.

I am just tired of seeing the same inner BGs on the majority of chats, and this power could help change that.

• Confused 1