is a gmail address required, if you want to change it?

xsilentx

Question

13 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

Gmail is currently the safest email security provider there is.

You can protect your Google e-mail account by enabling two-step verification, which includes features such as phone verification, authentication apps, back-up codes, and security keys. That's why if you're having any trouble at the time when login, you should change your current xat email to Gmail.

If you need more information about this, you can always check https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php/Email_Security.

• Members
16 minutes ago, Samuel said:

Hello,

Maybe they asked you to tell them the new address to which you want to change it

well, i told the volunteer what i wanted to change it too and they said i needed to make a gmail account to change it. 

Edited by xsilentx
went to check my ticket to see what was said and updated my answer on here.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Samuel said:

Maybe that's what Stif said. I got confused in the answer @xsilentx

i went to go check to see which volunteer told me this on the ticket and it didn't say, othewerwise i would of said who it was. 

i was hoping it wasn't true so, i could update my email address without the need for a gmail address. 

Edited by xsilentx

• Members
3 minutes ago, Samuel said:

When you create the new Email you tells the volunteer (on the current ticket) to make the change. When the change is made, your register will be with the new mail

thats what i did though. when i created the new email address, i opened a ticket to have the new yahoo email address to updated on my account. thats when the volunteer told me that i needed to have a gmail address to update my email address. 

• Volunteers
5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Since nobody has clearly stated it - xat does require you to create a Gmail account to get your email updated. No other providers are accepted at this time for precautionary measures. 

I never knew it was compulsory.

Shall I add this information to the Wiki? I.e. https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ticket

• Advanced Members

Possibly it was a suggestion from the volunteer. Since as they have said previously Gmail is the safest. @xsilentx

When you create the new Email you tells the volunteer (on the current ticket) to make the change. When the change is made, your register will be with the new mail

On 12/26/2017 at 8:50 PM, xsilentx said:

thats what i did though. when i created the new email address, i opened a ticket to have the new yahoo email address to updated on my account. thats when the volunteer told me that i needed to have a gmail address to update my email address. 

So you must perform the same procedure that you did with the Yahoo account but with a Gmail account, you must follow the steps indicated by the volunteers, they have the last word in the decision.

You asked the volunteer of your ticket if it was mandatory to use a Gmail account? @xsilentx

Apparently you are going to have to use a Gmail since it is safer and maybe it will make it easier for them to make the change (I'm not sure about that last) but if the volunteer told you to use it, you should do it.

I remind you that the last word is for Volunteers and you must follow their steps