Userlist not loading on all chats.

invalid

Question

• Members

Hi,

I'm having issues with the userlist not loading on all the chats I visit. Or sometimes the chat doesn't loading at all. Tried resigning in, clearing cache, etc,.,.

Google Chrome: 63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) ) (up to date)

Flash: 28.0.0.126 (also up to date)

Screenshot: hpVSFbVURC6A6A-wWkni7Q.png

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

9 answers to this question

• Contributors
14 hours ago, invalid said:

No. about two years or so.

I can't really recall when this happened though, sometime around when xat switched to HTTPS.

HTTPS wouldn't be considered a factor issue for this. However, I did try Linux out and the stated issue occurred twice on Chrome but not on Firefox. 

Firefox would be the best fitting browser for Linux users, so I'd recommend you try that out instead of Chrome.

This issue also occurs if you're using a bot client (tested this as well and has happened), if you have one of those bot clients, try turning it off and see what happens when you connect back on. 

Last thing I'd recommend for you is trying out xat's new HTML5 chat version. To access xat's HTML5 chat version add ?new at the end of the browser URL. Example: http://xat.com/help?new would be directed to Help's HTML5 chat version.

• Moderators

Try this:

Right click the xat box, click on settings (configurações in my language);

S0cXSJ9.png

1. Click on the folder icon;

2. Click on Allow (permitir in my language);

3. Click on close (fechar in my language);

tzBIEln.png

Then close your browser and restart it, i hope it works.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Stif said:

Try this:

Right click the xat box, click on settings (configurações in my language);

S0cXSJ9.png

1. Click on the folder icon;

2. Click on Allow (permitir in my language);

3. Click on close (fechar in my language);

tzBIEln.png

Then close your browser and restart it, i hope it works.

Tried, still no luck.

• Advanced Members

Here are a few tips I can think of:

• I see you're using Chrome. Have you tried a different browser? Your problem of not being able to see the userlist may be solved if you simply switch browsers
  • Clearing your cache/cookies is always a good thing to try if you're stuck. (As stif mentioned)
  • Click on this link to learn how to log out of xat. Once you log out, log back in. Make sure you click on the grey play button under the "Please wait..." on the login page.

• Members
3 hours ago, Maverick said:

HTTPS wouldn't be considered a factor issue for this. However, I did try Linux out and the stated issue occurred twice on Chrome but not on Firefox. 

Firefox would be the best fitting browser for Linux users, so I'd recommend you try that out instead of Chrome.

This issue also occurs if you're using a bot client (tested this as well and has happened), if you have one of those bot clients, try turning it off and see what happens when you connect back on. 

Last thing I'd recommend for you is trying out xat's new HTML5 chat version. To access xat's HTML5 chat version add ?new at the end of the browser URL. Example: http://xat.com/help?new would be directed to Help's HTML5 chat version.

I was using an extension for a bot client, removed it and it solved my issues. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone else who replied too, appreciated!