Chat Update :o ?

Cleon

• Advanced Members

CHAT UPDATE (suggestion)

This is a new suggestion not about powers  .

A chat update with new functions ^^  

rP6Oglp.png

1 ° ->  CODES / It's a new way to post smiley links or embed chat codes :)

You can use it with this code #/ code \#

2 ° ->  IMAGES /You can send images directly on the chat box ;p  

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

The code thing, i dont see it needed. On the other side, the images showing but small ofc would be nice. Even tho, i dont think it will be made as we don't really need it. Even if it's link or a little image we still need to click to see it. 

• Volunteers

The code idea sounds really useful. I like it for two reasons:

• It would stop power codes from turning into smileys. The text would therefore be clearer and easier to read / copy. (Yes, you could miss off the closing brackets instead, but this seems more convenient).
  • You can copy text that would otherwise trail off the chat (particularly with long namegrad codes).

You could do both these things with pastebin, but this code feature seems a little more convenient.

The image idea, however, I'm not so sure. From your example, the image takes up a lot of space in the chat, and it could be a pain having to constantly scroll up to read the text. Would it lag the chat too, if it had animations? I don't think this image idea will happen, because links seem fine as they are, but I never thought hugs would be made either...

Having said that, however, images no doubt contribute a lot to these forums, and they could have the same effect on the chat too... (hmm)

• Award 3

• Volunteers

Images need to be restricted, either way that would be messy and you'll lose the "chat" aspect. Adding the possibility of putting images is not bad though, but only if that's possible to hard restrict it.

The code idea is pretty good, Crow detailed the good point of it !

• Advanced Members

The code thing i think there's a way to copy a smileys's code in the chat using keys in your keyboard though this idea of yours isn't bad and it's easier.

About the image i'd like the way we have now on our chat box. When you have this ofcourse you have to limit the size of the image being showed on the chat otherwise the image might cover the space of the whole chat box and we're still going to look for the actual size anyway so it's better to view an image on a photo site provider. 

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Stah said:

Oh god. I can just imagine the trolls coming to help (or any other chat) and posting some wonderful images.

Probs it can be abused mostly by trolls so the idea like  isn't really good.

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Stah said:

Oh god. I can just imagine the trolls coming to help (or any other chat) and posting some wonderful images.

So you can ban faster. If someone post inapp pics by the time i click and load the image 90% of the chat see it. xD

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, choco said:

So you can ban faster. If someone post inapp pics by the time i click and load the image 90% of the chat see it. xD

Still not good to a vulgar/disturbing images right away :(  I could image an uproar between users seeing it (shock)

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, 6 said:

Still not good to a vulgar/disturbing images right away :(  I could image an uproar between users seeing it (shock)

I still find it being ok. I know that it won't be right if someone would send inapp pics and we could see them. But i find it easier to see what's the pic about than click and wait for the img to load. The image would also be small as i said before, probably the size of the avatars. Or 60x60. So it won't disrupt the chat and you could actually see if its inapp, normal img, or a chat print.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
23 minutes ago, Stah said:

Or not :p  Chat edit new option > Block Users images  (only mod / owners .) 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 30/03/2016 at 5:38 PM, LaFleur said:

As for the 2, wouldnt this mean that i can just take any smilies pngs from google and make it visible in the chat, do you think the xat admins would want that, being able to post non-xat smileys? Also i don't really see a need for it, links are totally fine.

(d)

don't think about this