Official chat designs

Matt

• Advanced Members

I reckon it'd be a cool concept if perhaps a specific user (A poll could be created to determine this user) could be the designer of every official chat for a month (After the month is up, another user is selected via a poll)

This would include:

• outer background
  • inner background
  • optional CSS

I personally think it'd be a nice change, and a good idea. Obviously I'd like to see feedback and your opinions on this.

What do you guys think? :p

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
Just now, Stah said:

A lot of hard work, for what reward?

Perhaps for every chat they design, and of course having the owner of the chat satisfied with the design, 1,000 xats for a full inner / outer / css?

Its just a rough idea, I thought the concept was good. :$

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
Just now, matt said:

Perhaps for every chat they design, and of course having the owner of the chat satisfied with the design, 1,000 xats for a full inner / outer / css?

Its just a rough idea, I thought the concept was good. :$

I don't like it all that much. Users should be able to submit their work and have a chance of it getting displayed on an official chat no matter who was "selected" that month.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Stah said:

I don't like it all that much. Users should be able to submit their work and have a chance of it getting displayed on an official chat no matter who was "selected" that month.

I appreciate your honesty, and respect your opinion. :p 

That does sound like a better idea however

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Stah said:

I agree with this.

I think all users should have a fair chance at having their work displayed in an official chat.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

That would be A LOT of work, not to mention all chats tend to have their own tastes and every designer wont be able to create a background for each room.

It would be pretty cool if there was a "spotlight" for designers, where some chatrooms (mostly official ones) would host a single designers backgrounds for a week/month

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Good idea. However... chat managers should not be required to participate in this.

Managers who want to participate in this can make a forum discussion and ask designers interested in participating to submit some of their past work or concepts. After concepts have been submitted, a poll would open where the community voted on the winner. 

• Advanced Members

I feel like most of the official chats already have somewhat of a official designer. 

For example, at contests, when a background is needed (besides holding a contest), Flake, Guppy or I are the ones who normally get contacted. Sometimes we will have a different designer do it if they would like.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I think good idea, but should be free choice and not by friendship.
Everyone is free to put the design that will be of like personally I like Luig designs and Hype, I believe that the opportunity everyone should win.

• Advanced Members

I don't like the idea where a designer can be choosen as chat designer for the whole month. It's seems boring but i get u. But i still wan't to see new designs from different designers every week.

I'd like to see a gallery of all xat designers.  

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, 6 said:

I don't like the idea where a designer can be choosen as chat designer for the whole month. It's seems boring but i get u. But i still wan't to see new designs from different designers every week.

I'd like to see a gallery of all xat designers.  

why not 6? its really a good idea, i agree with this.

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Eleven said:

why not 6? its really a good idea, i agree with this.

Tho his suggestion is nice but i'm still thinking with the other designers... it seems unfair for them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
On 3/5/2016 at 6:27 PM, xatAzure said:

I feel like most of the official chats already have somewhat of a official designer. 

For example, at contests, when a background is needed (besides holding a contest), Flake, Guppy or I are the ones who normally get contacted. Sometimes we will have a different designer do it if they would like.

I agree with this, most officials already have their self-proclaimed designers. 

It would be cool to have a featured designer of the month, however. 

• Award 1