friends list not saving

otomok

Question

• Members

so far the support staff have been no help with this issue...

xat used to save my friends list until sometime last year... what happens is ill add a friend  and when i relog into xat they are deleted... ive tried several solutions... increase flash size ,different browsers everything up to date... so i feel like its not my computer thats doing this... anyone know a solution to this?

7 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

This has been happening to me lately. I think it might have something to do with mobile, but I haven't tested it enough to come to any sound conclusions. Here's something that sometimes works for me:

• Log off of xat mobile
  • Clear your browser's cache/cookies
  • Go directly to xat.com/login --> Then login
  • Go to any chat, but only on ONE tab. For example, go to xat.com/Help
  • Add or un-add any users that you want
  • Say /t in main chat
  • Close the tab
  • Go back to xat.com/login --> Then login

This seems to work for me until I log back into mobile. When I do that, all my friends will be readded/unadded again. :( 

See if this works for you?

• Advanced Members

I'm marking your reply as a temporary answer, as upon further discussion with the user, it seems as if the flash version of xat's friendlist may have some bugs that could be ironed out in HTML5.

Thus, the question or questions in this topic have been answered and an answer has been marked. This topic is now closed.

If you have any other questions, please open a new topic.