Easier Held Tracker

Odin

• Advanced Members

I'm very big on adding good ideas like these straight into HTML5. When you log into a chatroom on HTML5, you can get a popup message saying you're account has been held for x amount of days. All you would have to do is confirm or click away and you wouldn't see the message again, unless you wanted to test through trade/transfer or look at your profile, you could see potential blocks/errors.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
14 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

I'm very big on adding good ideas like these straight into HTML5. When you log into a chatroom on HTML5, you can get a popup message saying you're account has been held for x amount of days. All you would have to do is confirm or click away and you wouldn't see the message again, unless you wanted to test through trade/transfer or look at your profile, you could see potential blocks/errors.

your suggestion is also interesting @CarlosDesigns, but until the implementation of HTML5 would be good to add in the login page, it's a simple change to make in my point of view

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
On 12/13/2017 at 11:13 PM, CarlosDesigns said:

something like this?

z1Shb7oLSmG0a_nkUEiK5A.png

only is a example

• Award 1
  • Cool 1

• Advanced Members

I do like this tracker idea. It would help save time on help chats with users that come everyday asking about how long they're held for.

Instead, they can just see it on their login page and wait out the time it gives them. This would be a great way to prevent annoyance for senior helpers.

Edited by Encrypt
Fixed grammar errors.
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
Just now, SlOom said:

I would rather see this than on login page.

What if you can't login ? How are you going to see how many days are you held ? 

Displaying it on login is really an un-friendly way because you have to relogin just to see a "You are held for X days" compared to the idea of showing a popup on the chat "You are held for X days" which is 100% better.

Plus, I don't think people would notice it on login since most of them are closing the window when they are logged on.

That's my thought about.

I think if you cannot login, it should email you or use bots to bump you in private chat displaying how long you are held for.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
22 minutes ago, SlOom said:

I would rather see this than on login page.

What if you can't login ? How are you going to see how many days are you held ? 

Displaying it on login is really an un-friendly way because you have to relogin just to see a "You are held for X days" compared to the idea of showing a popup on the chat "You are held for X days" which is 100% better.

Plus, I don't think people would notice it on login since most of them are closing the window when they are logged on.

That's my thought about.

Better preview according to Skatel's post with HTML5 popup :

vtS0lTP.png

I loved your reasoning, but why not add in both places, even if the person can not log in, held will not make a difference, since she needs to be logged in to perform transfer/trade, pop up in xat is much more visible and practical to be seen, but the login information is also useful and valid, do not you think? @SlOom

the purpose of sharing the idea is precisely this, see what everyone thinks and what has to add, at first it was just information on the login screen, but now we are already in a pop up, all with the purpose of helping the user with this problem that is already stressful in some cases.

• Award 2

• Members

I think would be tiring to get a pop up every time you get into a xat informing the time of held because it is a information that needs to be showed once only, not always, which would be in the login. As @Odin said, is unlikely someone trade without login, even more if is held. So, the person would receive the message and this would avoid a possible failed trade.

@CarlosDesigns@SlOom@Skatel .

• Award 1

• Volunteers
40 minutes ago, Thay said:

I think would be tiring to get a pop up every time you get into a xat

Who said you would get it every time you get on xat ? None. It's only an idea so more things can come with it.

Plus I think, if it has to come out again; it would be each 5 days (depending of the number of days you have) so it doesn't "spam" you or even add an option to show/disable it by your own choice.

If you don't like the popup, why not adding it on your profile when you click your name ? It can be also interesting because it requires no login or craps because i'm pretty sure the held time works with a timestamp and they can easily convert the timestamp into the number of days.

(Couldn't get a better preview of it but well..)

k5nIRCz.png

Edited by SlOom
Preview
  • Award 3

• Members
9 minutes ago, Skatel said:

I do not understand, this post is created in order to make things easier for the users on the days of held, is not complicating anything is just trying to improve things

I wasn't talking about the post. I like Odin's idea and Arthur's too. I just thought that the idea of SlOom was a little complicated to put in practice. Sorry not to mention him. A popup on transfer/trade would be much better.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, Thay said:

I think would be tiring to get a pop up every time you get into a xat informing the time of held because it is a information that needs to be showed once only, not always, which would be in the login.

It would only appear once. For example, let's say I get a 5 day hold at 12:00 AM on December 20. I enter Help chat at 10:30 AM the same day. I would get the popup, but that would be the only occasion. If I entered Loja, or Cambio, or any other chat afterwards, the popup wouldn't and shouldn't appear. The only exception should be Transfering, Trading, and checking for restrictions in your Edit Profile.

Nobody really checks the content in the login page unless it's the big bold text indicating their login has been approved.

Edited by CarlosDesigns