CSS not loading on IE11

Madses

Question

• Advanced Members

Hello,

Today at the dutch help chat I got a question from somebody. He went to https://xat.com and the page looked like this:

http://prntscr.com/hleudn as you can see the CSS didn't load . According him the page used to work before. I told him to refresh the page, that didnt help either. Is this a known bug on Internet explorer 11? 

He should obviously just get a more modern browser but still,  isn't this kind of odd?  

6 answers to this question

• Volunteers

By opening the source code of the page (ctrl + u), does it have css links at the top between <head> </head> tag ?

oDltmkE.png

Does the connection is enough good to load the website stuff ?

I've tried on my side on IE 11, and it worked fine. (hmm) 

Edited by SlOom

• Volunteers
3 minutes ago, Madses said:

The thing is, for me it works fine too. This question came from an user at the dutch help chat. So i can't really answer the question " does it have css links at the top between <head> </head> tag ?" since it didn't happen to me. I just want to make sure i know how to help him next time he asks for help.  @SlOom

Hmm, since it would be too complicated for the user to do that, better ask him if :

• he has a good connection
  • or try on another browser (such as chrome/opera or firefox) if it appears to be the same than on IE.

After that, we can see the issue about. (If connection or browser related)

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, SlOom said:

By opening the source code of the page (ctrl + u), does it have css links at the top between <head> </head> tag ?

oDltmkE.png

Does the connection is enough good to load the website stuff ?

I've tried on my side on IE 11, and it worked fine. (hmm) 

The thing is, for me it works fine too. This question came from an user at the dutch help chat. So i can't really answer the question " does it have css links at the top between <head> </head> tag ?" since it didn't happen to me. I just want to make sure i know how to help him next time he asks for help.  @SlOom

Edited by Madses

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, SlOom said:

Hmm, since it would be too complicated for the user to do that, better ask him if :

• he has a good connection
  • or try on another browser (such as chrome/opera or firefox) if it appears to be the same than on IE.

After that, we can see the issue about. (If connection or browser related)

Will do! thanks.