Where are you going to go at Christmas?

Sonic

• Advanced Members

Where are you going to go at Christmas?

u50pXv.jpg

Hello everyone.

I want to know to what places they plan to go or where and with whom they plan to spend Christmas, if they go to a special place, or what is traditional in the family?

MhUl9q.jpg

Q5prRl.jpg

• Volunteers

I'm going to meet Father Christmas at Lapland!

First, I'll meet Santa himself at the jolly Christmas Village, where I can receive traditional handmade presents, meet his famous reindeer, and have my photograph taken. Then I'll head out further north to the remote Finnish villages of Levi and Yllas, where I plan to partake in sleigh-riding and other snow-based activities. Then I'll fly down to Helsinki for a couple of days and visit the Christmas Market in Senate Square as well as the Kiasma (contemporary art museum). Oh, and I plan on eating a LOT of karjalanpiirakkas (pastries)!

Jk, I'll be on xat. :$

• Cool 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Madison said:

This year, I am going to spend Christmas and New Year's with my family in the Netherlands. I'm looking forward to being with them, going ice skating among the windmills and/or on the canals if it's cold enough, the amazing food (goo) (Poffertjes, kerstkranjes, oliebollen, appelflappen... lots of which people make and sell to you on the streets at old-fashioned stalls) and above all, the "gezelligheid".

The main square of every city always has its own huge brightly lit Christmas tree. There are lights and decorations strung over the old cobblestone streets, and Christmas music is played. Flower sellers offer beautifully made wreaths, red and white poinsettias, and decorated pinecones. Therefore, it's always fun to just walk around and enjoy everything, and perhaps go into a few shops while you're at it. The shopping is always good since there are so many Christmas markets. Also, over there, we have 2 days of Christmas. One is on the 25th, "Eerste kerstdag" (First Christmas Day) and it continues on the 26th as "Tweede kerstdag" (Second Christmas Day). So there is always 2x the Christmas celebration. :$ 

I don't the lakes will freeze this year :'(