(landmark) power!

TinkerDoodle

• Advanced Members

Hey guys, I'm back with another suggestion. My recent suggestion kinda wore me out creatively, so this one isn't really as special, but I have a few good ideas in mind, so I look forward to sharing them with everyone in the future! But in the mean time, I'd like to introduce the (city) power. This power will basically be all the famous city buildings around the world! But here's the twist, instead of having power walking around the base of the buildings/structures, we can have xat emoticons walking around/bouncing around. 

Emoticons: 

(city)- I really have no clue what kind of emoticon this can be, I originally wanted it to be the empire statue building but then it'll be such a waste. So smiley makers, it's really up to you to decide. 

(empirestate)- This is the Empire State Building in NYC. Everyone knows this glorious building, it's magnificent and gorgeous. One feature I'd like for them to add is we'd be able to change the colors on top of the emoticon, for example, a code can be (empirestate#r#b#g). On top, the colors will be green blue and red. This will allow people to show case their flag on the power. Just a suggestion. Example

.(DRJ)- Dome of the rock in Jerusalem. This building is such a beauty, in order to do it justice, I really hope the smiley makers add a little sparkle on top of it. Example

(Petronas)- The Pertronas Towers, in Kuala Lumpur. From these images, I think these two towers are so jaw dropping. Words can't do it justice. Example

(LeaningTower)- The Leaning Tower of Pisa. We also know this staple building. I was thinking with this emoticon, we can have little xat emoticons popping their head out of the building everyone few seconds or so. Example.

Optional (Kaaba)- The main reason why this is an optional emoticon is because this is a structure the is the most holy structure in Islam. The history of it so extremely magnificent, and structure is just utterly breath taking. When I googled this structure, I had the pleasure of learning about the history, the significance it had in the early days of Islam. Even though this might not be added because it may be too controversial, I truly do recommend doing a bit of research about this structure. I always loved the Islamic religion, and even though I don't practice it myself, I find it extremely beautiful and so elegant. You can learn a bit about the structure here. And here's an image of the structure. Example.

(Lloyds)- This is the Lloyds Building in London. I've been thinking of what to add for London. I didn't want to go with the generic Big Ben and Buckingham Palace, I wanted to find something a little bit unknown so I can educate a few people, and also so I can get more people to really respect architecture, and I thought this building will be perfect for it. Example.

(Colosseum)- Yes I know I said I didn't want to be generic for London, but I'm a bit biased, I am truly in love with Roman culture and architecture, and I'll be dammed if I suggested a city power and xat actually makes it and the Colosseum isn't in it. This gorgeous and ancient structure truly speaks for itself. Example.

(TajMahal)- The Taj Mahal in India. Example.

(SOH)- The Sydney Opera House in Australia. I never heard of this building before surprisingly enough. Example. Here's a more fun example.

(BurjKhalifa)- This is the Burj Khalifa building in Dubai. Example.

(StBasil)- The St Basil's Cathedral in Moscow. Not many know this about me but I am Russian, so I had to include this in my power suggestion. Example.

(Hagia)- The Hagia Sophia in Istanbul. Example.

(Pyramids/Pyramid)- You guys can include all 6 pyramids of Giza, or just 1. Here's an example of all 6. Example.

(Sphynx)- I was thinking for this, xat can make a xat smile for its face. Example. 

(Brandenburg)- This is the Brandenburg gates in Berlin Germany. Example. 

(Gherkin)- This building is also located in England! Example. 

(Eiffel)- The Eiffel Tower is located in Paris, France. Example. 

(bigben)- The big ben that is located in London. Exmaple.

Hats:

(EmpireState)- This is the Empire State Building. 

(Burj)- This is the Burj Khalifa building.

I really hope you guys enjoyed my suggestion. We've been getting a lot of animal suggestions, which is fine, but I'd like to include more cultural suggestions. Hopefully this power can inspire people to do a bit of research about these buildings so they can learn about different cultures and such. Maybe you guys reading this got inspired and did a bit of research on your own. 

Side suggestion. 

We should be able to see emoticons in the chat scroll. Like /s Welcome! (Hi), the hi emotion shows. It's really a QOL update but still. 

I'm just gonna be adding this to all my suggestions till it gets added. :'(

• Award 5

• Volunteers

It's an interesting one. I can't imagine ever typing these out on the chat, but at the same time, I think we'd be missing out if we didn't have these famous buildings on Xat somewhere. Most of them are iconic and we should be proud to have them. =)

I love the Burj Khalifa idea. It's such a majestic building, and it would be quite funny seeing the world's tallest skyscraper shrunk down to a few pixels.

As for London, I'd be far more inclined to include the Gherkin building than the Lloyds building, if you're looking to avoid the typical Palace of Westminster. Admittedly, I had to look up the Lloyds building myself, and I'm from England, but I may just be uncultured. :$

• Advanced Members

Edits:

• Changed the power name to landmarks, thanks stah, I'm horrible at naming powers. 
  • Added the Sphynx, I'll add an example when I get home. 
  • Added the Brandenburg gates, I'll add an example when I get home.
  • Added Gherkin building. Thank you for the suggestion Crow! Will add an example when I get home. 

• Volunteers

Don't forget the Eiffel Tower! 

Well, this is a good idea but it might be very hard to design these structures for a small format.

Plus, there are plenty important structures that could be add, which is problematic.  You can't satisfy everyone...

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, LaFleur said:

Or did you meant something like this? :)

d855fd5ec4be4099968620746860d885.png

I'm on my phone so I can't see it :'(, but if it's already added on xat then the makers don't need to add it. 

1 hour ago, Sydno said:

Don't forget the Eiffel Tower! 

Well, this is a good idea but it might be very hard to design these structures for a small format.

Plus, there are plenty important structures that could be add, which is problematic.  You can't satisfy everyone...

The thing is, it's not to meant to be a controversial power. I'm sure that the makers will justify these landmarks beauty, it's really about exposing xat users to different cultures and structures. And I'll add the Eiffel Tower!  Thanks for the suggestion!  

• Volunteers
1 minute ago, TinkerDoodle said:

The thing is, it's not to meant to be a controversial power. I'm sure that the makers will justify these landmarks beauty, it's really about exposing xat users to different cultures and structures. And I'll add the Eiffel Tower!  Thanks for the suggestion!  

I'm sure it won't be controversial, but how would you sort and chose 20 landmarks out of 50 ? I'm sure there are over 50 beautiful landmarks :( 

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Sydno said:

I'm sure it won't be controversial, but how would you sort and chose 20 landmarks out of 50 ? I'm sure there are over 50 beautiful landmarks :( 

You're right, it's really up to @Junior and the other makers to decide what to add or not because making every single landmark is unrealistic. But this power can be a start, and maybe over time they'll make a landmark2, 3, ect. 

• Advanced Members
11 minutes ago, Junior said:

It's a good idea (really hard though).

if it were made, the most famous landmarks were made only.

Alrighty, that's fair enough. I just realized that most of my power suggestions are pretty intense development wise. I'll make sure my next suggestion won't be so intense/difficult like gmythology and landmarks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Advanced Members

This idea is good, mostly because I like monuments, and I still want to travel the world around and see them with my eyes, I saw already two of them there,Eiffel Tower,and The Leaning Tower of Pisa.

But certainly an interesting suggestion here.