Update to user power tab

Techy
Message added by LaFleur

A power search function has been added to the HTML5 chat.

More info: https://forum.xat.com/topic/5488-html5-chat-changelog/

• Advanced Members
On 3/29/2016 at 11:06 PM, Maverick said:

I think is a really good idea,but we already have /-power /+power which disables and enables powers on or off.

It does have some nice options to it which is very good, but again we have those commands. 

with that logic i could say why have the commands if you can uncheck/check the boxes ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Techy said:

so ive added more options to this feature
LsvnlbU.png

you can now search for hugs,colors,group,games,puzzles ;)

I think this is not very necessary when you have the search function, but it would be user friendly to quickly see which group and game powers you own, so its ok i guess.

And since this category search has also been suggested to the trade application, it shouldnt be much work to add this on the power list aswell, if i am right.

• Advanced Members

The search engine in the power list have been suggested a couple of times and hope it would be added. The 'enable' and 'disable' button isn't bad at all it would be easier to look through the group powers or any power that i would like to disable/enable right away. This is a good idea if you're having 300+ powers.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Very interesting !!  And why   :  To avoid many scam . 

How : Just check if they have this powers what they  are selling . (may in your mind say :  , how ?   if   in trade  he put the power ? Easy .. in trade app  you see the power but in his id they dont have this power  ) . 

• I had many case with :   

• ''   System problem (29): Other user is likely using third-party programs to edit the trade  ''  .    

Because you see in trade the power. (but really is NOT ) 
Everything seems so real as if he really is the power.
But in his id he does not.
How is possible ?
I have no idea ...
This of course! that automatically jumps the warning Error 29.
But not everyone knows what this means ..
And accept .. ..   Then they lost everything ..

If we have this application to search his powers if they exist or not  , automatically, we observe whether or not the power that is selling .    

I agree . Nice idea . One application more is ok ..  

Yes support it . Really is good . 

• Award 1

• Wiki Editors
13 hours ago, Marya11211 said:

Very interesting !!  And why   :  To avoid many scam . 

How : Just check if they have this powers what they  are selling . (may in your mind say :  , how ?   if   in trade  he put the power ? Easy .. in trade app  you see the power but in his id they dont have this power  ) . 

• I had many case with :   

• ''   System problem (29): Other user is likely using third-party programs to edit the trade  ''  .    

Because you see in trade the power. (but really is NOT ) 
Everything seems so real as if he really is the power.
But in his id he does not.
How is possible ?
I have no idea ...
This of course! that automatically jumps the warning Error 29.
But not everyone knows what this means ..
And accept .. ..   Then they lost everything ..

If we have this application to search his powers if they exist or not  , automatically, we observe whether or not the power that is selling .    

I agree . Nice idea . One application more is ok ..  

Yes support it . Really is good . 

If a user is able to put a power they don't have on the trade application (people usually do it by mistake, e.g forget they sold the power), it's because they have traded the power on another chat window and haven't refreshed yet. That's not really a scam method since i'd stop the trading by showing up an error message. Even if it was implemented, users would still be able to put powers they don't have if they traded them on another chat and haven't refreshed yet; if they're able to put a power, it means that the power is also displayed on their powers list so it wouldn't prevent nor reduce scam attempts in any way.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
9 hours ago, Zed; said:

So i agree with this idea That will help users to Found powers to enable/disable the powers 

So not many users are knowing the code /- /+ 

the problem with /-/+ is that if you want to disable/enable say 10 powers

you would have to type /-big and relog then do the next power which is a waste of time

• Advanced Members

I really like your suggestions. This one happens to be very user-friendly, which is something xat needs more of.

As always, I'm happy to be the bridge to xat staff if you need me to bring things to their attention.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, Brandon said:

I really like your suggestions. This one happens to be very user-friendly, which is something xat needs more of.

As always, I'm happy to be the bridge to xat staff if you need me to bring things to their attention.

thanks brandon

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Members
On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 4:06 AM, Maverick said:

I think this is a really good idea,but we already have /-power /+power which disables and enables powers on or off.

It does have some nice options to it which is very good, but again we have those commands. 

It has nothing with each other.
The command makes you turn off powers and turn on.
But this idea is to seek powers.

It's very useful when you know what names are starting with, but you do not know the full name.
So you write and find it.
You get the first or second letter and all the powers with that letter already appear.

I support this idea. (rolleyes) 
Good suggestion @Techy

@Admin
A question, when will the option be added?
Everyone is waiting for her.....

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

It would be a good idea that these functions not only appear there, but also part of the trade to trade, many people at the time of the sale of all powers puts some who are not from allpowers. @Techy