Community Finding Solutions

Mike

• Contributors
21 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but why was the previous thread deleted? The one with the poll. I didn't get to read all the responses 

The thread was deleted for some comments that was said and went downhill, also a bit off topic it went.

I read most of it and it just went downhill at page 2. This was due to some volunteers and users making replies that either bashed each other, or was directed to them which lead to arguments. Neither side was in a good position, but again it was for the truth for both parties (maybe). 

Ignorance is bliss. 

Hope that answers the questions you had or have.

We can take it up on PM if you want, or even on chat. Just let me know and I’ll give you more details.

Edited by Maverick
  • Thanks 1

• Contributors

I agree with everything you @Lemona and @LeJon said.

Many users are disappointed in relation to xat. 

1. Users
  2. Tickets
  3. Powers

Users

The only way for users to talk about something is here, but many are not heard, most have their threads closed with the motif of "drama" and/or similar. They can't open tickets to make complaints, the only way they have to express their feelings, or complain about something that might be seen by the staff, is here, but they can't.

Solution

Add a way to speak, express yourself without fear of being banned or similar, they could use feedbacks or something like this.

Ticket system

Delay in the ticket system is a serious problem that users have faced for a while many users are disappointed with the ticket system due to the great delays in their departments, and most of the tickets believe it is easy and quick to resolve the user's problem. In the period when I was in the xat Ajuda, it was evident the disappointment of users, were constant complaints about delays, the most requested departments *my  opinion* are account block/hold, shortname transfer, locked out, lost access/auth and scam, with the exception of some is understandable the delay, but in others the problem can be solved quickly and easily, but always do the same questions.

Solution

Add more volunteers, we here in the community have many choices, a lot of people who strive to help users why not give them a chance? Or you guys choose people who can be trusted, people who have experience with xats help officers for example, or people who simply have experience with official xat, know how to treat people, how to help them in a direct or indirect way, how to assist someone, add more volunteers to the more delayed departments.

Powers

Users need more powers, more functions, we can see countless suggestions that are good, please give extra attention to ideas. Try do not make power with the value too high, many people cease to complete the everypower and discourages people to continue using the xat.

Solution

Lemona said;

4 hours ago, Lemona said:

Add more free features. ( free two-player games, such as checkers, pong, and football) There are many suggestions on the xat-to-do-list.

-       As for powers, it’s time to add a new gameban. People have been waiting ages. There’s also suggestions for them too.

-       Although it can be argued whether powers are released too often, the community would probably be happier if powers came from users suggestions. It’s been proposed.

-       Create a more strategic sense of worth. The trade market and economy needs to somehow become balanced. The value of xats should decrease, I mean hello resellers.

-       More services/features around xat that allow users to spend their xats, not necessarily powers.

-        Also, gathering feedback (or continuing to) on released powers will help improve things for the future.

Ty guys.

Att. Mrs. Page

• Advanced Members
29 minutes ago, Phin said:

Adding more volunteers to certain departments is just asking for more laziness. If more volunteers were to be added, who is to say that there would be only ONE volunteer out of let's say two or three doing tickets while the others are doing absolutely nothing. I couldn't see this working, unless you could somehow monitor which vols are lazy and which vols are actually working?

Wouldn't that just delay more departments anyways? (meh) 

The administrators should be the ones who enforce an activity rule - you can clearly see who is doing tickets and who is not.

• Award 1

• Members

I shalll keep my post short .. In my opinion the solutions to xat  are :

1.Admin are programmers, so should design a bot that can automatically answer  tickets in  certain departments.  Freeing up time for other tickets to be answered.

2.Invest in xat by advertising and creating  traffic. New blood is desperately needed

3.xat is a British company so why not get traffic from the Uk? (as well as other)

4. Tap into  university/ college programming students  to get ideas  for new features.

5. Listen to what the people  want and implement some of  achieivable suggestions

Edited by Lizzie
  • Meh 2
  • Confused 2

• Advanced Members

Well... i think that the people who commented this thread have mentioned a lot of good points, i only want to add ideas to some points.

6 hours ago, Lemona said:

-       As for powers, it’s time to add a new gameban. People have been waiting ages. There’s also suggestions for them too.

I totally agree with this, we need gameban powers again! I remember when the gameban powers started to be released, people loved those powers. People where really excited going to the game chats to play those games. And, i think that it was something that helped xat to be alive in those years.

So, my idea is to make gameban powers each month or at least every two months. I'm sure that people would be really happy with it, because we don't have those powers being released long time ago. Also, i know a lot of people (from my community, the spanish community) who'd like to see those powers being released again, because they love to play those games!

There are a lot of good suggestions on the xat's to do list thread!

7 hours ago, Lemona said:

Many users have agreed that advertising xat would be beneficial. Although this is entirely up to admins, it’s worth mentioning. Users want to see xat do well and have growth in the future.

-       Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc etc.) 

This is definitely a good idea.

However, i'd like to suggest some things to the facebook page that we already have.

Usually, we have new posts when new powers are being released and, i think that we could give more "life" to this page. Maybe, they can post the contests that we often have, they can post recommendations to be safe on xat, at least one recommendation per week. For example: "We recommend you to read the following wiki article to know how to protect your xat account - https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Account_protection", etc...

I don't know if would be possible to do the same with the twitter page because i think that only the admin has access to the twitter page, but, if it's possible, would be really good.

4)    Flawed systems/Implementation of Voice

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I think we all know that xat has been lacking with interacting and listening to its users in comparison to the past. I mean they don’t do surveys or anything like that. Surely, they might be busy but that brings me to my next point of contributors.

Contributors provide their opinions on topics that involve changes on xat that affect the community. They also should “aim to represent or present the sentiments of all factions of the greater xat community.”

There have been many discussions about them. I believe a major flaw is the whole voting system within it. I mean, if they’re going to be your voice that involves changes in the COMMUNITY, shouldn’t the COMMUNITY atleast have a say?

POTENTIAL SOLUTIONS (Key word: POTENTIAL):

-       Allow contributors to create a short list of users they want and allow the community to have a say.

-       Create a form that allows only 1 IP/xat username per submission that allows the community to pitch why someone should or shouldn’t be their voice.

-       Advertise this form to ensure the whole community is aware.

-       Make your decision based on feedback/input given.

-       Continue with a monthly log to keep users informed.

I also agree with this.

People could have a voice on who are being their voices.

Maybe, you can say "well, it's difficult to let people that they can vote/suggest a contributor because they don't know the forum". But, that's not true! As a chat manager i have access to a lot of people daily.

So, my idea is to make scroll messages or bot welcome messages to let people that they can vote/suggest people to be their voice giving them the link of the forum thread.

How we could do this? Volunteers or contributors could send a message to each chat manager when the day comes, then, we'll make scroll messages or bot welcome messages. It might be an obligation to all the chat managers, i'm sure that a lot of the current managers would be happy to help with it, because, if we are chat managers is because we want to help xat, so i think that they won't have a problem with it.

Thank you.

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
17 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but why was the previous thread deleted? The one with the poll. I didn't get to read all the responses 

Just replying... It wasnt deleted it was just moved to private admin forums, if you see the likes based in that post still there.

As I said before the only thing that is boring is ticket delay, because if you're one customer sure you need to get support....

The solution is not really too simple, just adding more vols and done. It would be worked by admins, allowing those current vols to have access in more "ticket tools" e.g... anything related to chats(email change per example) them need to move xAdmin and wait one eternity to simply change one email, and if it still same... Before was 1000 xats just to move the tickets to admins... Why simply not allow those vols more power to handle that? Then if they dont manage correctly simply replace them because wont have more drama by their part.

• Advanced Members
15 hours ago, Lemona said:

2)    Ticket System

I think this point is pretty obvious. It’s pretty clear that users are not happy about ticket delays. They also are tired and frustrated of hearing the same old “we’re working on it”.

POTENTIAL SOLUTIONS (key word: potential):

-       Add more volunteers to certain departments

-       Ensure that the users’ waiting are treated professionally, fairly and are aware there is a massive delay

-       Somehow create a faster way to remove a system 55 from an inactive account (a function?)

-       Allow users a chance to be able to submit another ticket, ONLY if their previous ticket is under a delayed department. Or allowing volunteers to open a second one for them. As seen here.

Account Block, Transfer Block department 

Having to encounter often on chat about users asking for help with their accounts being blocked. A lot of users who just came back online who have been inactive for 2-3 years or longer than that has an indefinitely hold placed on their accounts for security reasons, it's most likely because of the databreach happened in 2015, and because of this they have to open a ticket on this department which is in delayed status. A lot of users complains and are stressed over delays and slow response in their ticket. It takes over a month or so to get their account back when their account is only blocked due to inactivity. And even after getting their account back they still have to wait a couple of days because of a temporary hold on their account. I would propose on this department that maybe they should make a sub department and appoint people for this dedicated only to accounts having an indefinitely hold due to inactivity so that they shouldn't wait months to get their accounts recovered. With this, accounts won't be mixed in with other blocked accounts that needed more time to resolve.

With powers being released every week I agree that Smiley makers should be given more time to create powers that has a good quality, I think 2 -3 weeks is good enough. With power's prices dramatically dropped which is hard to make profit nowadays, I think that xat should release powers with a limited quantity, with this it might help a little to boost the prices up and demand of powers.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, 6 said:

Account Block, Transfer Block department 

Having to encounter often on chat about users asking for help with their accounts being blocked. A lot of users who just came back online who have been inactive for 2-3 years or longer than that has an indefinitely hold placed on their accounts for security reasons, it's most likely because of the databreach happened in 2015, and because of this they have to open a ticket on this department which is in delayed status.

This is the biggest issue that needs to be solved. You have returning users coming back to have their accounts blocked, held, whatever.

Do you expect them to stay long enough to even see that first reply to their ticket?

No way!

If xat plans (or even wants to) grow, that is the department that needs to be sorted out. And fast.

Edited by Cryo
missed a word
  • Award 3

• Advanced Members

If you take a look at this thread, you can clearly see that there are a lot of great suggestions from members of our community.

@Admin - Please take a look at these, and maybe make it public that some of the changes we are requesting will be getting implemented in the near future to solve some of the problems that these members of our community have. If you don't, it's likely that many of the loyal users left on xat won't be around much longer.  We want to see that change, and progress, is being made.

You should definitely consider reading this thread in it's entirety, and implementing these changes.

I would also like to add onto this (I'm not sure if it was mentioned anywhere above), but why is the contributor forum not publicly viewable?

If these people are our voices, why can't we see what they're actively discussing? Why do we only get a "monthly log" where they have the option to omit what they pick and choose?

I feel like there needs to be more communication, more transparency from this group; I know I've talked to Lemona about this, and she may have mentioned it in her post.

Why are we choosing to not get the community more involved?

All the Contributors accomplished was the creation of another "exclusive", private group that is supposed to be "for the community", without us being able to see what they discuss in real-time.

I don't want to read a log posted by a contributor who has the option to pick and choose what they put in, and what they omit from the log.

Edited by Cryo
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members

I agree that there are many problems, one of the main ones being the support system!

The current support system is very poor (in my opinion.) Many users are waiting 3 plus months for a simple ticket that can be dealt with in about 10 mins? You all wonder why lots of users have quit and many users leaving, one of the reasons is due to how poor the ticket system currently is. Yes, there are lots of users waiting but still, there doesn't seem to be any excuse to keep people waiting over 3 months!

The ways you can solve this is by potentially removing the vols that don't contribute much and replace them with other more active and focused volunteers. With the amount of waiting time, we might need more than 5 new volunteers to help with the backlog of the waiting users.

by doing this it will show the users that they can get help fairly quickly and then as many won't be quitting and it could bring back some older users that quit due to the response time on the support system

Edited by Paul
  • Award 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Mike said:

I actually propose a potential "solution" for users suffering with the "Account Block" due to dormant account / inactivity. I propose that the users who have a NO_TRANS flag on their accounts, but do NOT have a "TORCH" flag, or any other "bad user" flag added to their account should be able to receive days to their account so that they can use their powers that they rightfully paid for. This would prevent scammers or hackers that may have hijacked accounts from being unable to steal the powers / xats from the account, but allow the legitimate users the ability to use the powers they rightfully own.

Again, this would only apply to dormant account blocks, NOT torched accounts or accounts held for investigation purposes. 

Your thoughts?

I also encourage @Andre to have a voice regarding this manner if he would choose to do so, seeing as he knows more about the internal issues that account block faces.

Thank you.

Accounts with a transfer block should still be able to buy directly from the xat store. Although, you could forward your proposal to admins, considering not everyone has that option.

• Advanced Members
13 hours ago, Andre said:

Accounts with a transfer block should still be able to buy directly from the xat store. Although, you could forward your proposal to admins, considering not everyone has that option.

Why would someone want to buy with a held though?  I personally wouldn't.  That's also only  good for store prices of unlimited.  Not likely to get a limited power.........

I think alot of users raised very good points.  I have little else to add.  The volunteers should push for changes, as they are the voices of xat.  

• Award 1

• Members

I say bring Christina back as a volunteer, probably the only one that pushes for things to be changed,

the ticket system is a definite must to be changed or improved, there’s a few free sites that offer similar but better qualities of the support system.

xat doesn’t really care about “Normal users”. All cat cares about is money, let’s be honest, there’s no NEED for a power every week. 

Why not not make the powers  once a month and less frequently, stupid “fruit” powers, they’re not exactly needed as in the demand they’re being released now. It seems to me that all xat wants is money and users to spend money, which is fair enough, but reduce the frequency of powers, do weekly updates and bug fixing instead of releasing new features. 

• Award 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Members

In my opinion, xat went downhill and it's not the same. Like others have said, there's major problems concerning tickets, forums and some powers etc. which should be assured and delt with accordingly. One problem is that the admin is focusing his time on developing an app but then the admin is acting like it'll be successful when it might not because the only people who'd use it right now are the people on xat right now and wanting an app more to stay more interconnected rather than sitting on a computer device.

My one point:

There should be another admin or 'head of charge' in rather than one because this will slow down the improvements of xat which can frustrate people and cause them leave.

And another solution is to keep xat more updated. From what I've been seeing on the site, some ticket services and powers could be updated. There should be a new ticket system service implemented, this means that a selection of people should be keeping up with tickets because there's been a lack of service for tickets(what I've seen in threads).

I rarely keep up with the forums and xat chats nowadays, sorry if my statistics and information is incorrect above ^^, just what I think should be dealt.

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, D3nzil said:

instead of releasing new features.

I hope you meant to say new smiley powers every week and not features. We know for sure hardly any features are released.

51 minutes ago, Pampushka1 said:

There should be another admin or 'head of charge' in rather than one because this will slow down the improvements of xat which can frustrate people and cause them leave.

There's been two admins since almost always, the thing is both admins share the one forum account. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, CarlosDesigns said:

There's been two admins since almost always, the thing is both admins share the one forum account. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, this is correct. You have the two administrators who handle the development side of the website, while the volunteers handle everything about the community and it's users.

• Award 1