Lost Google Authenticator due to new phone, locked out.

SvenJaeger

Question

• Members

Hello,

So, recently I purchased a new phone and had to re-download most of the apps I had.

Google Authenticator being one of them. I soon realized that you can't just sign back into that app, it wants you to create a new account right when you download it. So, basically, I am unable to login to my account on xat because I can't generate codes.. is there another way around this? Can anyone help me? ..I don't check this very often, so, I made a junk email that you are all more than welcome to contact me on. Thank you for your time.

<REMOVED>

6 answers to this question

• Wiki Editors

The user has a ticket open about this problem. A link to the ticket as well as a copy of our reply will be sent to the email address associated with the account that authentication codes were lost for.

Since the original issue of not being able to create a support request has been resolved, I will now close this topic and mark an appropriate response.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to start a new thread.

• Advanced Members

Hello,

This sounds like a classic lost authenticator case and luckily for you, there is an easy solution.

You will need a ticket created under the 'lost auth' department. Unfortunately, creating 'lost auth' tickets while logged out has been disabled, so I recommend you private message a volunteers on the forums to assist you in creating a ticket for your case. A list of volunteers which you can private message is here. I recommend you private message either Muffins or Kyle (as they seem to reply promptly). You should mention your regname, ID number and the reason for creating the ticket in your message. Hopefully, that volunteer will be able to open a ticket for you.

Lastly, I suggest you remove the email you provided in your forum post as that won't assist the matter and in fact is giving away personal information.

I hope this has helped. Should you have any more questions, you can reply to the thread again.

Edited by SirCharlie

• Advanced Members

Hello

2 hours ago, SvenJaeger said:

Hello,

So, recently I purchased a new phone and had to re-download most of the apps I had.

Google Authenticator being one of them. I soon realized that you can't just sign back into that app, it wants you to create a new account right when you download it. So, basically, I am unable to login to my account on xat because I can't generate codes.. is there another way around this? Can anyone help me? ..I don't check this very often, so, I made a junk email that you are all more than welcome to contact me on. Thank you for your time.

Whatadrag_1@hotmail.com

Hello SvenJaeger,

Unfortunately, re-installing the Gauth application will have you set up again your Google Authenticator. If you still have the QR code or the time base mode code saved then you should be able to re-set up your Google Authenticator again on the app. If you don't have them anymore or you have lost them then please follow as what Charlie had advised to you.

I would recommend that when you enable your Google Authenticator next time is to print or save the QR code and the time base mode code given to you. This will help you next time just in case you lost your Google Authenticator again.

Good luck and regards.

• Advanced Members

I have opened up a ticket for you under the locked department using the email address you provided.

Please check your inbox for a email from info@xat.com and follow the instructions given to help resolve your issue.

I have also removed your email address from your original post for your privacy and security.

• Members
4 minutes ago, SirCharlie said:

Hello,

This sounds like a classic lost authenticator case and luckily for you, there is an easy solution.

You will need a ticket created under the 'lost auth' department. Unfortunately, creating 'lost auth' tickets while logged out has been disabled, so I recommend you private message a volunteers on the forums to assist you in creating a ticket for your case. A list of volunteers which you can private message is here. You should mention you regname, ID and the reason for creating the ticket in your message.

Lastly, I suggest you remove the email you provided in your forum post as that won't assist the matter and in fact is giving away personal information.

I hope this has helped. Should you have any more questions, you can reply to the thread again.

I appreciate your response. I simply created an email just for this. But, I understand. Thank you.