Silent Guest

Matti

• Advanced Members

Good morning, today I wanted to offer you an idea for a power. I do not know if it has been suggested or not (The search button finds nothing). (meh)

I am here to propose you the power "Silent Guest", which has the same function as the power silentm, would be nice if it was added.

I explain how it should work: If a user is a Owner/Mod/Member and Guest does not see who has demote it.

Hope my suggestion is welcome.

Edited by Matti

• Advanced Members

I'd like to start by saying that although the idea is similar, the main reason for Silentm is allows you to make a member without the message popping up in the chat. This means that you can avoid filling an ordinary chat (which has a high flow of users becoming members) with messages that would become unneeded.

I don't see why hiding because it usually occurs for a reason and that would not make you biased about it. Ranks demo is already different, each rank is put in the same way as it should be removed, to the foregoing.

• Contributors

Silent Guest does seem like a potential power to have on xat, but I don’t see it happening anytime soon. It would make a great power too since it will be grouped with Silent Ban and Silent Member.  

That being said, I think having a dedicated silent guest power would be more efficient with some chats because if you plan to demote someone; you would like for that to be private and not public. This suggested power wouldn’t only be used for “demotions”, it would also be used to keep some chats being “cleaned” with guest messages. [Not sure if any one can related to this, but being a temp-mod on some chats and then getting guested in front of everyone seems a bit “weird”. Anyone can relate to that?] Along with raging main owners, or owners who wants to guest half the chat too. 

There’s alternative methods, using manage, ranklock, swap pool guesting, but this power seems more efficient to me rather than doing all of that.  

Good suggestion, keep them coming.

Edited by Maverick
  • Award 3

• Advanced Members

I liked your suggestion,  it would be good to have it as a power. I also agree with Maverick and Sydno, would be really useful when we need to demote a temporary moderator or simply who needs to be demoted(members, moderators, owners, gagged people).

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Cambio said:

A good suggestion that can be applied to some existing group power without having to create another power.

It would be appropriate to create the power for example (Silentg), how SilentM and SilentBan were created.

@Admin What do you think of my suggestion?

• Advanced Members
On 27/11/2017 at 4:34 AM, Matti said:

Good morning, today I wanted to offer you an idea for a power. I do not know if it has been suggested or not (The search button finds nothing). (meh)

I am here to propose you the power "Silent Guest", which has the same function as the power silentm, would be nice if it was added.

I explain how it should work: If a user is a Owner/Mod/Member and Guest does not see who has demote it.

Hope my suggestion is welcome.

I thought it was a good idea, but it would have been better if it were SilentDemote and was functional for all demotions, not just for guest, as suggested by @CarlosDesigns

@Matti

Edited by Odin
  • Award 1