Inactive volunteers [serious replies only]

Mom

• Advanced Members
34 minutes ago, SirCharlie said:

You can find a list of volunteers who left xat on good terms here: 

https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php/Special_Thanks

Sort of bogus post, as all are not listed. Here is everyone else DESPITE how they left.

Frankie

Joshua

Physical

Vincent

Honey 

William

Alex

Brian

Maverick

Sean

are not Listed.  And NOT all unlisted left  on bad terms or asked not to be included.

A few volunteers listed were discharged, and 1 was not a ticket volunteer.

Edited by Christina
  • Award 1

• Members
7 minutes ago, Christina said:

Sort of bogus post, as all are not listed.

Frankie

Joshua

Physical

Vincent

Honey 

William

Alex

Brian

Maverick

are not Listed.  And NOT all unlisted left  on bad terms or asked not to be included.

A few volunteers listed were discharged, and 1 was not a ticket volunteer.

23 minutes ago, SirCharlie said:

You can find a list of volunteers who left xat on good terms here: 

https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php/Special_Thanks

Thanks so much! Just miss these old memories of volunteers who weren't inactive and helped frequently.

Just curious but what did happen to Spell and Joombly, they seemed like the actual 'OG' of xat.

Aswell, weren't Lizzie a volunteer as well because they were active on xat years ago with Adam running xat.

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers

Yeah manee its easy

Since vols are receiving test powers to reply tickets thats a job and they should work as well, and some vols are saying there is more working there, but I hear from trusted sources that some vols there are not doing anything and just still there because "friendship"

Looking for one side, users being allowed to vote wont be good because the users can do the same things that happened in one group here.. Look how stupid has turned the Contributors group that was before for people that help xat, chat managers etc. Now you just need to have friendship and you're welcome. But also not allowing users to vote will happen the same thing... vols telling admins about their friends bla bla. So allowing or not this wont change.

I also saw some vols saying that cant do this or that because bugs on the ticket system etc, easy, WHY YOU VOLUNTEER STILL WAITING AND DELAYING TICKET INSTEAD OF ASK ADMINS TO FIX OR IF YOU DONT HAVE POWER TO HANDLE THE TICKET WHY DONT ASK ADMINS OR ANOTHER VOLUNTEER THAT CAN DO IT? ITS YOUR FAULT BUH

Well if this isnt enough yet, well... I saw prints one ex chat help owner and currently volunteer saying that wont help the user when he asked in PC(I preffer dont say the reason). This is not fair, if one user is wiki admin or forum admin and do their part sufficiently in forum or wiki but not on ticket theres no reason to still here using the title as VOLUNTEER.

Users are spending their money in xat, volunteers are getting test powers and other things like IDs etc based in how they are helping, so yes everything in xat is being paid.

Edited by Laming

• Volunteers

Another popular question is why less experienced volunteers aren't being trained up in the higher departments, despite those departments being delayed for what seems like years. Is it a lack of time or trust?

(Sorry if this question has been answered already. It's a lot of text to sift through! (sry))

• Volunteers
32 minutes ago, Laming said:

Since vols are receiving test powers to reply tickets thats a job and they should work as well

I'm only going to comment this part. As a wiki editor, I admit I received some test powers. However, this is nothing compared to the job I did. The rate is even worse for volunteers, I believe. Quick maths, supposing you can sell a test power for 3000 xats. Then, suppose you resell the xats you earned. The test power will be equivalent to $7.5 - $9. On average, this is what they get for an entire week of work.

There is no possible way to compare that to an actual work. As their title says, they are VOLUNTEERS and they receive a small compensation. Actually, this is very similar to real associations where some volunteers are refunded for their kilometric costs.

• Award 4

• Wiki Editors
1 hour ago, Laming said:

I also saw some vols saying that cant do this or that because bugs on the ticket system etc, easy, WHY YOU VOLUNTEER STILL WAITING AND DELAYING TICKET INSTEAD OF ASK ADMINS TO FIX OR IF YOU DONT HAVE POWER TO HANDLE THE TICKET WHY DONT ASK ADMINS OR ANOTHER VOLUNTEER THAT CAN DO IT? ITS YOUR FAULT BUH

The administrators are asked to fix things, but being asked doesn't mean that they'll actually fix things — as you could tell by viewing the Suggestions section and the Bug Tracker. Ultimately, they have the final say and will perform tasks based on their own priority queue and on their time. 

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
44 minutes ago, Crow said:

Another popular question is why less experienced volunteers aren't being trained up in the higher departments, despite those departments being delayed for what seems like years. Is it a lack of time or trust?

We have been told that it's because of trust . Which I think is a pathetic excuse because why make someone you don't trust a volunteer in the first place? 

• Haha 1

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

why make someone you don't trust a volunteer in the first place?

lack of trust doesn't necessarily mean no trust at all

i'm sure you trust some people more than others?

same reasoning here

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

We have been told that it's because of trust . Which I think is a pathetic excuse because why make someone you don't trust a volunteer in the first place? 

Its not as simple as that.  Having a large magnitude of volunteers in the pot confuses things.  Its easier to have 1 volunteer follow a routine trail then to have another try, be bad at it, and not know what they are looking for.

I disagree that ALL volunteers should be allowed into that pot.  It can take years of training.  With that said....I do believe that a few more are capable then are entered.  I also believe that pot can be separated from the majority of the data breach holds

and a few more should be added to cover those.

I will make a speculation .  Please understand this is my own theory and may not at all be true.  I think the majority of the long delay is because those users effected by data breach are placed behind the phishing and scam reports as priority.

I think to fix the issue, xat needs to allow more volunteers to help with data breach problems alone.

• Award 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Crow said:

(Sorry if this question has been answered already. It's a lot of text to sift through! (sry))

There's about a month of delays and they're being handled. I'm sure you'd understand amongst being busy, having to deal with drama and malicious slander coming from other volunteers isn't exactly effective in keeping up the morale and a steady pace. Someone has been proposed to take the spot and others have been proposed to get involved, retire or move onto less challenging departments. Pending admins.

48 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

A level of trust is involved, since naturally, those volunteers handle more sensitive information and tools. It's not that they'd necessarily willingly misuse that information or tools. They could be doing it unbeknownst to themselves. Thus competence is very important. Volunteers who are unwilling to organize and pay proper attention to easier tickets are unable to do so with tickets where those things play the key role. The more sophisticated are the tickets, the more you'd have to focus on quality, rather than quantity. Some volunteers are doing a good job and are better at other things, but they're having a hard time focusing on tracking and linking things together.

Also, the more there are volunteers doing these tickets that effectively tie an entire case to a single volunteer, the more clustered things get and that's where they collide and someone wastes their time.

33 minutes ago, Christina said:

I think the majority of the long delay is because those users effected by data breach are placed behind the phishing and scam reports as priority.

I think to fix the issue, xat needs to allow more volunteers to help with data breach problems alone.

I've heard at this point the delays affect all individuals within those departments relatively equally. Scam/phishing reports may take more time due to the investigation process, but little to no time (in terms or back of forth replies) is being wasted on pre-breach accounts that were held for security. And that brings us back to what Crow said. Yes, it has been years, but only because those users have taken years to open a ticket.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
13 hours ago, Andre said:

Yes, it has been years, but only because those users have taken years to open a ticket.

Oh, I meant 'years' as in 'those departments have had a delayed status for years' - not that tickets are taking years to be answered.

But thank you for the insight!

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
14 hours ago, Andre said:

There's about a month of delays and they're being handled. I'm sure you'd understand amongst being busy, having to deal with drama and malicious slander coming from other volunteers isn't exactly effective in keeping up the morale and a steady pace. Someone has been proposed to take the spot and others have been proposed to get involved, retire or move onto less challenging departments. Pending admins.

I've heard at this point the delays affect all individuals within those departments relatively equally. Scam/phishing reports may take more time due to the investigation process, but little to no time (in terms or back of forth replies) is being wasted on pre-breach accounts that were held for security. And that brings us back to what Crow said. Yes, it has been years, but only because those users have taken years to open a ticket.

The delay was well before the drama and malicious slander, as you call it.  It was due to it and the users frustration levels at having to wait for so long.  Downplaying the problem or pretending it does not exist will not change the fact users are tired of waiting 3+ months.  I dealt with the beginning of the data breach.  I also dealt with disposable emails being a huge issue.  I also was there when countries blocked xat and users found solutions to go around it, and the mess that created. I was there when we had to go back in time due to major exploits which reversed users trades and the mess it created,  I was there when an entire ticket system was wiped out and we had to start from scratch, with all lost.  Nothing frustrates me more then seeing volunteers either downplay an issue or make excuses.  I would rather there be acknowledgment and a solution.

Edited by Christina

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Christina said:

Nothing frustrates me more then seeing volunteers either downplay an issue or make excuses.  I would rather there be acknowledgment and a solution.

I acknowledged there was a about a month of delays (remaining; it was considerably worse about a month ago) and a solution would be doing tickets and adding another volunteer to those departments. If you read carefully, then you'd notice, that I actually confirmed existing volunteers had to step up their game to alleviate the delays and effectively keep the departments on reasonable response times. Things were being handled prior to this thread being made.

• Award 4

• Members

There will never be a solution that all of human beings will agree upon, if this was true. We wouldn't have an issue, now would we. Any who, I believe those who are willing to pay the volunteer to review a ticket sooner than those who are not paying, should be seen first. Since, the volunteer is getting paid and the solution will be solved for the ticket user. This is a winning situation for both the volunteer and the client. But there will be those who will say, "But I have no extra money/xats to pay for my ticket to be seen sooner : (" This is why it is fair for those who do not pay to wait, since they are VOLUNTEERING their own time to assist you, compared to those who are willing to pay extra for the problem to be solved. I can correlate this to huge companies that do this for certain people, but I am just an average guy, that many would ignore otherwise. I hope this is an interesting concept that many would like, especially if the paying fee was reasonable for the average guy : )

• No 1

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Members

Hello everyone, I've been to this post for a long time, but I decided to comment now, after reading a few posts.

Before creating a drama, (I do not want this), I want to say that the worse started in 2013 - 2015 - And it does not have all the problems with xat.com users.

The first thing I want to say is that before we did not have time to talk, we always work, all for xat we were doing okay, but after Christina was removed from xat.com. everyday problems and discussions occurred, because 50% of the problems on xat.com, she had many friends, and it also helps some of these users. (A good relationship and a lot of work already helps a lot in xat).

I think I'm not the only one who sees differences in xat, and not all good.

Now, too, the same thing started with the innocent mike.
I honestly am not sure if mike's did something wrong or not.
But I'm sure he did not do anything serious, (i mean badly things, only good things he do made),  we are all people all wrong, we are not so holy that we do not do or say anything.

These two volunteers I talked to, they are from the very beginning, you can say that they are since xat.com was born.
I am pleased with the work of the volunteers, even joking about the fact that they are lazy, that's not true, there are too few volunteers for a large number of users, that's the truth.

I want to say who here in this topic seems to have serious answers.
Mike, THEBB, Cupim, Kyle, Christina, with other responses and, Andre, Laming, and others.
I will not add everyone but many users here really help xat.com.

I want to thank you (if admin does not have time to thank you) for all the work done for xat.com.
I wish you a Happy New Year, and I was hoping for more of it, not like in the past! (in relation to the ticket is a big problem that needs to be resolved urgently).

• Meh 1