Inactive volunteers [serious replies only]

Mom

• Members

It's that time of month again, where we complain endlessly about ticket delay times and nothing gets done, then we wait another month or two before another thread is made, then we repeat the cycle. But regardless, the fact remains that essentially nothing has been done to help the situation. It's been said so many times and we all know it, but ticket delay times are not acceptable. I also know that volunteers are busy and have a real life, I get it.

However, it concerns me that volunteers remain volunteers for the sake of keeping the title. I wont name names due to witch-hunting reasons. But if you don't have time to do tickets, step down. I understand that it wont help the current situation, but it's a step in the right direction where were actively making changes. If nobody is willing to speak up when someone isn't pulling his or her weight and say, "if you don't do tickets, you will be removed as a volunteer", you're basically giving that person permission to keep doing nothing without consequences.

The term volunteer we have on xat is misused, you are volunteering your times, yes, but you are selected as a volunteers, and so you're expected to do them. Because the reality of this situation is that so many people would volunteer their time if given the opportunity, but they're not and you are.

Removing volunteers would encourage other volunteers who don't want to lose their title, to actually do tickets. It opens up the opportunity of having newer volunteers who are more motivated and have more time; by this I mean, if the loss of say, 2-4 volunteers doesn't force admins to do something, then I lose all faith in xat. I'm tired of seeing volunteers stay volunteer just for the title. I've watched so many users quit in the last year, but I still see volunteers who are clearly inactive, keep their tag and ticket times are still horrendous.

xat is very community driven, powers are made by xat users, coding fixes are sent in by users, customer support/ticket is handled by users, the entire help service is ran by users. We as a community can make so much changes together. So can we please, actively try and do something?

I've been using xat since 2008 and I would hate to see this service die. I know I complain a lot, but I really want to see positive changes.

Due to the sensitive nature of this topic, please do not call any volunteer out and keep the discussion civil. This topic is for serious replies only, so any comments that are trollish to be removed, if possible, thanks.

Edited by Mom
  • Award 3

• Members
1 hour ago, Lunala said:

b-b-b-but senpai, if you don't see a certain volunteer on xat that doesn't mean they don't do tickets, right? or they really don't

I don't know if those two things correlate but I know for a fact, that some volunteers put next to no effort into doing tickets.

38 minutes ago, SirCharlie said:

Volunteers will always be busy - xat isn't their life and if they can occasionally do some tickets, surely that's enough? This isn't really a solution. The only solution is a rework of the support system where @Admin decide on hiring paid employees.

If they occasionally do some tickets, like how it is right now, the outcome results in having tickets delayed for 4 months, for a single reply, it isn't enough, period. I also said in the original post that this isn't a solution, but it's a step in the right direction. If we're being realistic, hiring an employee to do tickets isn't a solution, because admins will not do it.

I would also encourage volunteers to make a reply and share their thoughts.

Edited by Mom

• Advanced Members

Responsibility is responsibility, if you have a charge, you must execute it at your highest power.

Do not abandon it or feel free to appreciate what you have, it would be much better, if there were people quoting this, people with values and purposes.

All this that is commented here, is the truth. But as @Mike says is the reality I agree with him.

Many users in xat few volunteers

I wonder what @Admin thinks about this, that there are simply no qualified people to be a representative part of xat, or that "there is no friendship" another more interasada.

• Advanced Members

After the previous discussion, and considering the logical arguments, there are sides that can not be fully clarified, which has been forgotten likely people who don't see or imagine seeing. Inevitably, subjects that bring about volunteer inactive matter can take proportions that flee from acceptable control on the forums, and then it could become just another hidden topic.

I don't see other reasons here that surround matters than the delayed reply or the long wait between ticket departments, as most people just need a volunteer who performs answer question or help with other problems due to tickets ASAP.

As we have already pointed out many times, there are causes that are accepted and those that are considerably plausible for such a delays: personal life, and doesn't seem to satisfy users. Perhaps 'neglect' is the word that users really want to hear, I don't think there's any blame between parties because users who have reached the 'volunteer' title have their merits previously for work and were recommended as said the title on its own. However, if the useful thing becomes null or negative, it must be removed so that other proposals can be read about to neutralize this 'problem' which doesn't really exist.

Edited by Nixs

• Moderators

Well, we all know the issue, apparently how to solve it, but what we can't forgot it's what it shows on the volunteer's page: (which is up to an admin to decide).

It's basically "everything is up to an admin to decide", if they decide to don't change this situation, it won't change.

They need to feel this need and as far as we know, nothing was done to accomplish this objective. (Or maybe they are planning something like that and i'm wrong, but i'm covering both possibilities)

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Volunteer's be suggested by the community rather than volunteer's themselves.

It has to be done as Mike said above and ASAP, we all know that this is a old problem but if admins don't feel the need to fix it, nothing will happen.

I suppose the ticket system has logs about what each volunteer does so, won't be too hard to see who is inactive or not. Considering the amount of time related as busy with personal things or complete inactivity.

• Members
10 minutes ago, Dann said:

Aqui está o meu pensamento,

Os voluntários inativos são um produto direto da falta de análise dos xat como um todo.

É bastante claro; há problemas, por que eles não estão sendo consertados?

Uma resposta que eu ouvi é: "Os administradores estão muito ocupados em coisas mais" importantes ", do que corrigir o sistema de ingresso do sistema operacional." (ps. fixando o sistema também implica quem faz o que e o quanto está sendo feito dentro do sistema)

Ok, sim ... eles estão trabalhando no HTML5 ... entendo ... precisamos de melhorias. E eu concordo totalmente que isso irá beneficiar o xat, mas esta é a imagem mais importante. Seria maravilhoso ter HTML5, mas eu tenho algumas perguntas, o que é HTML5 sem suporte ao usuário? (Os tempos atrasados são atrozes e tão ruins como nenhum suporte) o que é HTML5 sem a capacidade de recuperar o acesso à sua conta, a menos que você espere 3 -4 MESES! Você realmente acredita que os usuários esperam em você 4 meses para poder usar o seu serviço?

Eu vou colocá-lo desta forma ... Você pode decorar / pintar uma lata de lixo para se parecer bonito e até adicionar algumas luzes de Natal ao redor dele como decoração ... Mas no final do dia ainda é uma lixeira. O mesmo vale para xat, se você não consertar o núcleo (serviço de usuário) antes de atualizar o bate-papo; Será extremamente difícil prosperar como uma empresa. Caso algum de vocês tenha perdido ... o núcleo do xat é o usuário e o serviço que o usuário obtém para o que ele está PAGANDO. Em última análise, ele se resume a: Pobre serviço; negócio ruim.

Os voluntários inativos precisam ser substituídos, TODOS E QUALQUER UM é substituível, é apenas uma questão de tomar o tempo para treinar a próxima pessoa. Deve haver uma quota mínima de cada voluntário deve chegar de tickets (ou contribuições) respondidas mensalmente, se isso não for alcançado, então o xat deve substituí-los. Os voluntários estão oferecendo seu tempo ... e se há algo que os impeça de fazê-lo em uma escala onde xat está sendo impedido de permitir que os usuários obtenham apoio, ENTÃO DEVEM SER SUBSTITUÍDOS PARA ALGUÉM QUE TEM O TEMPO DE FAZER.

Administradores de nos pedir para ter fé .... mas como podemos ter fé quando xat que não ver o que está bem na frente DELES ?

Sim ... isso pode ser na forma de um pouco de advertência, mas espero que a mensagem central tenha sido alcançada.

TLDR;

(EU NÃO RESPONSABILIZO DOS VOLUNTÁRIOS POR SER INACTIVO, EU RESPONSABILIZO DOS ADMINS POR NÃO MANTER COM O SOPORTE DOS SITES E PERMITIR QUE DEIXE DE MÃO)

I support your idea, because I believe that every inactive volunteer, people fail to receive the necessary help with loss of accounts and other problems, which even end up stopping accessing the xat, this is one of the "problems" that have to be solved.

• Bot Service Providers

Simply, volunteers not helping as well may be removed as any official chat rank, contributor, wiki translator or whatever. Just because has an special page with his name doesnt mean that hes perm or whatever.

Maybe adding a new rule? e.g. "inactive for xx time with xx tickets will be removed" easy to fix that.

Edited by Laming
  • Award 1
  • No 2

• Advanced Members

isnt it up to the head of the volunteer team @Brandon to decide and evaluate who are inactive within the team and choose the appropriate actions? based on the list now it seems that most of the vols are active. given one go on xat chat and are inappropriate there but that's not here nor there. but over all the current team does seem active, like others say just cause you dont see them in chat dont mean they dont answer tickets. 

16 minutes ago, Laming said:

Maybe adding a new rule? e.g. "inactive for xx time with xx tickets will be removed" easy to fix that.

thats assuming they dont have that rule already in place, the vols arent transparent and dont really share how the team is ran(for good reason im assuming) 

but its almost like a thread like this shows up once a month or so and nothing gets done. if it really is such an issue just email admins about it and get others to email them too. he will listen if enough people voice their concerns.

Edited by TinkerDoodle

• Advanced Members

Yes, it is true that if there is inactive volunteer needs to be replaced, the demand for help requests is very large and I see dissatisfied users every day. I speak from experience, my ticket took 5 months to be answered and was a little discouraging.
I try to be patient and ask the users to also have patience, since I understand that there are thousands of tickets open daily, and it is almost impossible to solve them all in a very short time, as there are few volunteers who do this work.
But in any case, it is a subject to be observed with great attention, since xat is made up of us users who invest time and money, and the minimum we ask for in return is a support that makes our investment safe.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
34 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

isnt it up to the head of the volunteer team @Brandon to decide and evaluate who are inactive within the team and choose the appropriate actions? based on the list now it seems that most of the vols are active

It is up to xat admins to run their business properly. NO ONE USER should be pointed out. This is the adminstrators  website, and they are THE ONLY ONES benefiting from the website in terms of profits.  Please, let's stop putting blame where it is not due, xat is in the state it is now due to xat Administrators.

• Award 3
  • No 1
  • Meh 1

• Advanced Members
27 minutes ago, Dann said:

It is up to xat admins to run their business properly. NO ONE USER should be pointed out. This is the adminstrators  website, and they are THE ONLY ONES benefiting from the website in terms of profits.  Please, let's stop putting blame where it is not due, xat is in the state it is now due to xat Administrators.

if you look it as a business sense, the vols are the ones who provide customer service and there's one person to make sure the ship is sailing smoothly, the person who REPRESENTS the admins and makes decisions on their behalf. its evident that brandon is the head vol (correct me if im wrong). when there is an issue with the vol system, it is up to brandon to hear the complaints and attempt to quell the flames. if there are issues with brandon himself or how he's running the vol team, then the complaints should be moved up to the admins since theyre the only ones who can do anything about it. 

if im reading this correctly, people dont have issues with the vols but with how the vols are being ran with the current head vol. if thats the case just point it out. 

but like i said, the current vol team seems fine in activity, its just the ticket delays which are the issue, and they will always be an issue. its very hard finding a solution.

Edited by TinkerDoodle

• Advanced Members
12 hours ago, SirCharlie said:

The only solution is a rework of the support system where @Admin decide on hiring paid employees.

As if that will happen.

Reading this whole thread has honestly shocked me. I could swear we were all raised in the same house, because every person who's replied to this topic has pointed out at least one point that I would have punched into this reply. I hope that someday, the admins will realize that they need to step up their game.

• Advanced Members

lol

we need to get the admins to change first or nothing else will

we all know it

every1 in this thread has said it

start there

it'll be tough but owo

we dont need paid volunteers

we need actual VOLUNTEERS 

but yea out with the old inactive, in with newer more energetic ppl who will slave away for our bidding and then get tired out and ...repeat

xd

Edited by oj
added that xd at the end to sound sarcastic. classic play austin...simply classic. lol it shows the edit reason we're doomed
  • Haha 1

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, TinkerDoodle said:

its evident that brandon is the head vol (correct me if im wrong).

I'm not completely sure of what I'm saying but there is no "head" volunteer, it's a legend. There are simply a few volunteers able to answer an important amont of help topics because they are trusted enough for this. 

Many people believe there is a head volunteer because Spell used to take a lot of initiatives and was close to the admins. Brandon is able to do a lot but that doesn't make him a special representative.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

Admins are fully aware of who is active or not and how many tickets are getting answered by each volunteer. 

As already mentioned above the removal of inactive vols has been suggested but only admins can actually remove the inactive ones.

The only departments which are delayed are the more in depth ones that only a selected few volunteers work which are all active by the way.

Removing the inactive volunteers wouldn't help these departments and adding new volunteers will also not improve the situation.

Other volunteers can move into new departments but this again can only be handled by the admins.

We can only do what we can but need admins to meet us half way to ensure the support system is improved. 

• Award 5